So does anybody else do this?

Rango

If I come home and find the house empty of wife and kids - I immediately go start powering up stuff in the music room so I can Jam with some VOLUME for a bit! :D

Went home for lunch and it was one of those times! CRANKED UP - Working on singing and playing so I ran thru my "set" that I sing...
Mary Jane's Last Dance
Hard to Handle
Born to be Wild
LOW
Champagne Super Nova
Keep your Hands to yourself
Wish you were here
California Hustle and Flow
Ring of FIRE
Hotel California
Already gone
Cumbersome
December

Working up "If you could only See" but I apparently just not coordinated enough - I can play the song but I can't play AND sing it all....yet. Must be a mental block the part where it slides from G to A for....I guess it would be the verse? The song is a bit unconventional, opens with a chorus. Just can seem to hold up on the rhythm part while singing and sliding!

LUNCH was very enjoyable! :biggrin:

I'm a gear hound but I do enjoy getting to PLAY ;)

Last edited:
I was vibrating the new pain on the walls of the new basement studio as soon as I got an amp moved into there.

I'm going with the theory that the paint needs to be "played in" to have it set properly like the resins in a guitar getting played in and crystallized.

Well, that's my excuse anyway...

Nah, I wait until everybody gets home. I pretend their screaming and yelling is really just fanaticism for my guitar solos.

Nice choice of songs, Rango! My band and I play about 1/3 of those!

Damn, wish I could sing... ;)

Nice choice of songs, Rango! My band and I play about 1/3 of those!

Damn, wish I could sing... ;)

I can't sing either.... But I don't let that stop me! LOL!!! :D
Those songs were very carefully picked. ;)

Much easier standing playing guitar than it was sitting and playing drums :)

"screaming and yelling" - So I'll remember to shout "Thank you!"(a'la Peter Frampton) the next time they come home and are yelling for me to turn down....

"Playing in the room" - I like it! :D I'm going to use that! LOL!!!

Last edited:
When the wife is home, or the kids are visiting...I play downstairs....in the basement studio I set up....away from everyone and immune from criticism, comment and conjecture. But, prone to alliteration.

When I come home and the house is empty....it's time to ROCK OUT on the main level....shake, rattle and roll until I look up...see that she has walked in while I was totally zoned out playing....and sheepishly have to turn everything off, and move the venue back downstairs into the dungeon of disregard, decrepitude and disturbance.

...ROCK OUT on the main level....shake, rattle and roll until I look up...see that she has walked in while I was totally zoned out playing....

Resulting in the 'leer of shame'. Yep, know it well. I always respond, "you should have shopped longer". :p

On the flip-side of that coin, it's a great affirmation of proper practice volume when jogging neighbors lose cadence or wrench their necks staring at me thru the front windows when they pass thru the "blast zone". :D

I also take advantage of an empty house as often as possible. Volumes that would get me kicked out of clubs! LOVE IT!!!

Back