SNGD :-(

Ovibos

Naughty Wood Librarian
Sad New Guitar Day...

As some of you may know, I missed out on a custom color purple S2 CU24 a while back, and have been jonesing since.

When I stumbled on a Sparkle Deep Purple S2 CU24 35th, I jumped on it. Got a good deal from the mom&pop store.

It arrived today, and as advertised it looks black until you hit it with direct light - then you see the purple sparkle...

...and all the swirls and scratches.

Hangtag was from 3 weeks ago, so I dunno what happened. Not like it was kicking around a showroom floor getting abused. Tried some PRS branded polish and cleaner, no dice.

Dealer's letting me return, but it's a bummer. Guess it wasn't meant to be. My true purple PRS is still out there somewhere...

Wow, it’s such a letdown when you’re waiting on a special one and it’s not what you hoped. I’ve a new one (to me) got one coming next week, and I’m always a little worried until I see it in person! Hopefully, the right one will make it soon!

To have such high expectations and then see your dream guitar full of scratches has got to be a major bummer. But, keep the faith - something better will come your way.

Kinda - the S2 35th checked some other boxes;
- Pattern regular
- 24-08 switching

Also, I’m not into paying hundreds more than new for an SE.

Understood. I was just trying to take your mind off that debacle. :)

Was it a small store in Maryland? If so, I see the scratches in their Reverb listing, and they look pretty bad. I recently picked up what was said to be a factory-fresh, never demo'd or returned SE Cu24 and it came with tons of scratches and swirling. The store offered me a discount to keep it, but I wonder how so much wear could have been possible on a brand new guitar.

ddssxiclop6h5xivbi36.jpg

My SS Nebula came in a soft case, and the inside is actually rough. It chafed the finish of the guitar leaving small scratches in spots where it was jostled in transit. I would suggest PRS ship their guitars inside a bag which is placed inside the soft case to protect the finish. Or, change the internals of the soft case to a fluffy lining like the hard cases.

Back