Smash or Pass

• Smash

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Pass

Votes: 11 64.7%

• Total voters

Simon Says

I EaT GrAss
I'm not really looking for validation as I already decided to do this but I'm curious of your opinion.

You like it?

I found myself using Volume very little but I flip pickup selector often. Often I need to look for it which is a bit annoying and I decided to move it closer.

I'm still looking for a 3way selector with long enough thread

As long as you don’t think you’ll hit it strumming, I say go for it! You can return it to normal later if needed.

That guitar is gorgeous, btw.
Thx brother, I absolutely love this guitar.

I see no harm doing this, and as much as this photoshop was a bit shocker to start with, I do like the look of it now. I may do that to my Standard 24 first before I start messing around with a Custom

I'd pass - if you just play the guitar for a while you'll get used to where the selector switch is located and you'll build up that muscle memory to find it without thinking, and you'll not have a modded guitar to have to try and sell one day. Just my .02 cents.

I'd pass - if you just play the guitar for a while you'll get used to where the selector switch is located and you'll build up that muscle memory to find it without thinking, and you'll not have a modded guitar to have to try and sell one day. Just my .02 cents.

It's gonna be 2 years in Feb since I own this guitar. I still have to look for the switch. It's not an major issue most of the time but I flip bridge to neck and onwards a lot when I play with my octafuzz on.

The mod is easily reversed, though.

If it works for the OP, go ahead, assuming you don't do something that makes it somehow irreversible.

I would regret it forever if I would ever sell it. I have sold less special guitars in past which I miss so much. This 35th Anniversary is a keeper

For me, pass.

I'd hit it while strumming.

But like others have said, "me" don't matter. U do. See your future, Danny. may, may.. make it."

If you think that will work for you, try it. As long as you aren't forced to route a hole bigger than would allow an easy return to stock, should it not work out, then there is no harm in trying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back