Small finish chip under truss rod cover. Repair advice

D

Deleted member 33767

p595LBbm
Hello fellow PRS guitar owners,

I bought a used PRS Custom 24 Floyd at Sweetwater.com a month ago. Easily plays and performs better than my Fender Stratocaster and Gibson Les Paul Studio. I accidentally created a small finish chip under the truss rod cover. I was thinking a little super glue might fix this issue?

Any advice and cheap solutions on how to fix would be great.

Thank you so much,

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m with the others. Cover it, can’t see it that way and all is right with the world. And if it still bothers you once you no longer see it, find someone who does not have to ask the question on how to fix it.

Gonna agree with everyone else, put the cover on and forget about it.

^what they all said^

But if you want to repair it, there’s a StewMac video on YouTube about finish repairs, using superglue. It’s an interesting watch.

Best of luck what ever you decide.

Leaving it as is sure is a good option.
If it were mine my OCD would probably compel me to touch it up, in which case I'd use this:
https://www.stewmac.com/Materials_a...nts_and_Stains/ColorTone_Touch-up_Marker.html
You may need the black one plus the clear one (the black one might be an opaque/flat color once dry).
I used their clear pen for touching up dings/etc on the headstock of a LP and it worked great.

You'll probably want to sand and then polish to have a nice flat/glossy touch up. That's where things can go wrong, so be careful not to put scratches/sand the visible area of the finish.

Back