Slayer Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

2 pics by me and a vid that's not mine.

It was such a bittersweet evening.
All night long, the thought of his being the last time I was going to see these guys kept running through my head. Very strange experience, to say the least.
They killed it. The set list covered their entire career and hit most of their best songs.
Fire. TONS of fire. Fire everywhere. Did I mention the fire? :D
It finally really hit me when Tom came out at the end to thank the crowd for sharing a part of their lives with him and the band. Well, that was it. All the memories of all the shows and the insane tailgates, all of the excitement when a new release came out, the first time hearing Reign in Blood, old friends I still miss, when I first heard about Hanneman passing, impromptu Slayer jams at band rehearsals, my sons Slayer onesie, all the crazy times SLAYER was the soundtrack to...they've been a bigger part of my life than I ever realized.
I looked around and noticed that I wasn't the only old school lifer just standing there in tears.

So, thank you SLAYER. You've made my life a whole lot more interesting than it could have been.

I totally get this. I was the same way with Rush. I got to see them for the last time with the dude that I first started listening to Rush with 40 years ago, in his basement. I hadn't seen him in 6 or 7 years and it was a flood of emotions.

Well you should have the last post, so if I need to delete one of mine to assure you the coveted spot, I'll be happy to do so.

It’s not like I need the last one, DISTORT6 and Bodia have been keeping this alive more than I have... it’s just that with this being Slayer’s last year, and the fact that we’re approaching 666 posts pretty quick, we gotta make ‘em count.

The Wham! Vs Slayer video you posted is quite honestly one of the best additions in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back