Slayer Sunday II: Live Undead.

Have You been to the World Final Tour? I´ve seen them a couple of Months back here in Europe with Anthrax, Lamb of God and Obituary.
Fantastic Package but somewhow simultaneously sad:(
Here ist the original Footage, where I saw them at Monsters of Rock 1992...
As a Kid I was so small back then, that I´ve used to ask older Metalheads to take me on their Shoulders, while I´ve offered them
to wait in the Sun in the waiting Line get them some drinks for this purpose..:rolleyes:

Have You been to the World Final Tour? I´ve seen them a couple of Months back here in Europe with Anthrax, Lamb of God and Obituary.
Fantastic Package but somewhow simultaneously sad:(
Here ist the original Footage, where I saw them at Monsters of Rock 1992...
As a Kid I was so small back then, that I´ve used to ask older Metalheads to take me on their Shoulders, while I´ve offered them
to wait in the Sun in the waiting Line get them some drinks for this purpose..:rolleyes:

This was my post on the first Slayer Sunday page.

IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

2 pics by me and a vid that's not mine.

It was such a bittersweet evening.
All night long, the thought of his being the last time I was going to see these guys kept running through my head. Very strange experience, to say the least.
They killed it. The set list covered their entire career and hit most of their best songs.
Fire. TONS of fire. Fire everywhere. Did I mention the fire? :D
It finally really hit me when Tom came out at the end to thank the crowd for sharing a part of their lives with him and the band. Well, that was it. All the memories of all the shows and the insane tailgates, all of the excitement when a new release came out, the first time hearing Reign in Blood, old friends I still miss, when I first heard about Hanneman passing, impromptu Slayer jams at band rehearsals, my sons Slayer onesie, all the crazy times SLAYER was the soundtrack to...they've been a bigger part of my life than I ever realized.
I looked around and noticed that I wasn't the only old school lifer just standing there in tears.

So, thank you SLAYER. You've made my life a whole lot more interesting than it could have been.

This was my post on the first Slayer Sunday page.

IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

2 pics by me and a vid that's not mine.

It was such a bittersweet evening.
All night long, the thought of his being the last time I was going to see these guys kept running through my head. Very strange experience, to say the least.
They killed it. The set list covered their entire career and hit most of their best songs.
Fire. TONS of fire. Fire everywhere. Did I mention the fire? :D
It finally really hit me when Tom came out at the end to thank the crowd for sharing a part of their lives with him and the band. Well, that was it. All the memories of all the shows and the insane tailgates, all of the excitement when a new release came out, the first time hearing Reign in Blood, old friends I still miss, when I first heard about Hanneman passing, impromptu Slayer jams at band rehearsals, my sons Slayer onesie, all the crazy times SLAYER was the soundtrack to...they've been a bigger part of my life than I ever realized.
I looked around and noticed that I wasn't the only old school lifer just standing there in tears.

So, thank you SLAYER. You've made my life a whole lot more interesting than it could have been.

Sorry, for my late response. I am at times horribly busy. I can 100%ly confirm and identify myself with your impressions from the last tour..
Kick Ass "Firm" show as always-You want Slayer--you will get Slayer! The AK-47 Kalaschnikov of Thrash Metal!
And the Fire! Yesss, It felt like the guys would truly consider to burn the stage, the Venue and the Fans with themselves, which would be a bizarre but somehow suitably dignified end for the band and their hordes.;););) The final words and silent look into the faces of the fans was touching and will remain memorable. Thank you Slayer 1981-2019...

Last edited:
It's that time again...LET'S LEARN SOME SLAYER!!!

This guy does a great job with all of his lessons.
He covers bands from Alice in Chains to Obituary and all points in-between.

Back