Slayer Sunday II: Live Undead.

Slayer's performance on The Big 4 concert Blu-ray is textbook perfect! I especially enjoyed the look on Tom's face as he was looking up at all the HUGE and ominous dark black storm clouds starting to roll in as Slayer was getting a few songs deep into their show.

Slayer's performance on The Big 4 concert Blu-ray is textbook perfect! I especially enjoyed the look on Tom's face as he was looking up at all the HUGE and ominous dark black storm clouds starting to roll in as Slayer was getting a few songs deep into their show.
Agreed. They captured a great performance at the right time.
I went to the movie theater when the Big 4 show was “simulcasted“ around the world. Big screen, big sound…great experience.
They dubbed Mustaines vocals on the DVD versions, though. Smart move as his vocals were honestly, awful at best in the theater viewing.

Agreed. They captured a great performance at the right time.
I went to the movie theater when the Big 4 show was “simulcasted“ around the world. Big screen, big sound…great experience.
They dubbed Mustaines vocals on the DVD versions, though. Smart move as his vocals were honestly, awful at best in the theater viewing.
Didn't know that about Mustaine's vocals. But it does make sense seeing as he was so fresh out of back surgery that he was wheeled to the stage on a backboard. Vocals ain't easy.

Didn't know that about Mustaine's vocals. But it does make sense seeing as he was so fresh out of back surgery that he was wheeled to the stage on a backboard. Vocals ain't easy.
The Sofia show was pre surgery. He had the surgery after the Yankee Stadium Big 4 show.
edit - I just remembered why I knew this - Mustaine told the audience at Yankee Stadium he was going under the knife right after the show. My inner 17yr old was overwhelmed that day.
I really do have way too much useless info floating around in my head.:D

Last edited:
Back