Slayer Sunday II: Live Undead.

Back in the 80's I liked electric drums and wondered why more drummers didn't play them. (ie easy to play without working up a sweat) But last month it seems my perspective has changed quite a bit. I went to a friend's house to his recording area where he had a set of these electronic drums set up and I promptly discovered that I now perceive them to be crap. They are just not capable of reproducing all of the dynamics that acoustic drums and cymbals can provide. All you can do with electronic drums is hit them (hard or soft doesn't matter) and you get whatever the thing is programmed to give you.

Back in the 80's I liked electric drums and wondered why more drummers didn't play them. (ie easy to play without working up a sweat) But last month it seems my perspective has changed quite a bit. I went to a friend's house to his recording area where he had a set of these electronic drums set up and I promptly discovered that I now perceive them to be crap. They are just not capable of reproducing all of the dynamics that acoustic drums and cymbals can provide. All you can do with electronic drums is hit them (hard or soft doesn't matter) and you get whatever the thing is programmed to give you.

Depends on the kit. My drummer has an Alesis Crimson set, it has quite a dynamic feel, being a mesh kit.

This from a non drummer. Just my experience.

Back