Slash playing a PRS?

Solteroblues

I swear I remember seeing an old pic, circa AFD days or even before, of Slash and GNR playing a small club, and he was playing a PRS. I can't find that pic anywhere, does anyone know if that really happened or not? Maybe I'm just remembering wrongly, but I can picture it in my head.

I've seen several pics of him playing Jackson's and BC Rich's, even a Strat... but I think he may have had a really early PRS, too...

Not a great pic, i think it said circa 2010...
OvH2We0.jpg

Man, if it was circa AFD, or before, he probably would of stolen it! I'm trying to remember back to his autobiography I read a few years back. I remember him talking about the LP like guitar he played in those days, and the BC Rich, for sure. I can't remember much else that he mentioned from those early days.

There was a post on another forum I frequent that talked about him playing a "archtop strat" prototype guitar, and that reminded me of seeing that old pic.

@toothace thanks, but that's not what I was talking about. I did see that one, but the one I'm trying to remember was back in the old days, best I can remember, the crowd was kind of in the middle of it, so it was before they became big stars or anything

Man, if it was circa AFD, or before, he probably would of stolen it! I'm trying to remember back to his autobiography I read a few years back. I remember him talking about the LP like guitar he played in those days, and the BC Rich, for sure. I can't remember much else that he mentioned from those early days.

I’m sure you know, but ironically the Slash LP was a fake (copy). There’s a Seymour Duncan video of the AFD guitar.

I’m sure you know, but ironically the Slash LP was a fake (copy). There’s a Seymour Duncan video of the AFD guitar.
Yep. Which makes the whole G-brand "play authentic" even funnier.

And sold a million Les Paul’s, and gave them the juice to increase prices.

After my mom died, I found the receipt for a LPC I bought from GC in 1988 right when AFD gained momentum I think it was like, $600.... Nobody wanted them, unless you were really into Minor Threat. :rolleyes:

Never saw Slash playing a Prs.
Saw him with BC Rich, with a black Fernandez strat type with tremolo for Dust'n Bones (with talk box), with a Travis Bean for Bad Obsession...
Don't remember anything else at the moment...

he's played strats, BC Rich's, Travis Beans, Guilds, Jackson's, and of course Gibsons (real and fake). But I swear I saw that pic somewhere. Maybe it was photoshopped LOL

Back