Six beat-up PRS guitars...

Does the lit up jewel light indicate anything? Like split pickups? Or just for "ooooooooo" factor? :)

It indicates that the toggle is now located where god intended it to be. :rock: Seriously, it does nothing but light up (9v battery). Great guitar though. I think all-mahogany PRS guitars just sound best through this rig, which is why I built Lucky 13 to begin with. The 2 maple-capped guitars I'm bringing probably won't see much playing time.

An interesting side-note about Lucky 13 - My tech accidentally nicked a wire on Caper's bridge 'T' p'up and killed it. I freaked out. Will Boggs (an amazing pickup winder and very bad businessman, apparently... who has gone off the grid) had me send it to him. He actually unwound the first few feet of wire down to the nick and put it back together, and sent it back to me. It didn't lose anything - still specs the same, sounds the same. While he had it, he analyzed it, because he was going to make a pickup (called the 'Iron Cross') that closely duplicated it. (Casper's bridge pickup is one of the most toneful pickups I've ever heard - very complex harmonics). The bridge pickup in Lucky 13 is the Iron Cross prototype, wound on a 70's Dimarzio frame/bobbins. It's pretty damned close to Casper too - Will had the magic.

Back