Singlecut vs. Singlecut-Trem body thickness? Same or different?

Going Modal

I should be practicing right now.
Talking non-594 guitars here--primarily thinking of the guitars from about 10-15 years ago, when there existed both a "Singlecut" model (fixed bridge with 4 knobs but not 594 layout) as well as a "Singlecut Trem" model (vibrato bridge with McCarty knob/switch layout).

There have been a few sources/threads around here talking about body (and maple cap) thicknesses of various models...

This thread here, in particular: https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/prs-body-thickness-the-definitive-guide.15022/
--> Check out "SC Trem" vs. "SC LP style"

...and it seems that the Singlecut-Trem guitars share a slightly different body thickness compared to the non-trem Singlecut (and also strangely enough, the Tremonti models--which are trem.) models? Is this odd, or is it just me?

Extra super-duper extra credit: I'm guessing the current 594 singlecuts are the same thickness as the older fixed-bridge SC's? Shall I dare ask if the 594 double-cuts are also that same thickness? No, that would be a crazy question...

I can't help on the SC trem but can confirm my SC58 and Tremonti are both the same thickness.

I have an SC-58, Ted McCarty Singlecut and an SC Trem. I don't think the SC-58 and Ted are the same thickness as a regular singlecut. I believe they are both the thicker McCarty thickness since they are McCarty models. They are both thicker than my SC Trem.

SC Trem body is about 51-52mm. - much thinner than original SC. Simply put the SC Trem thickness is more like an original McCarty model.

SC Trem body is about 51-52mm. - much thinner than original SC. Simply put the SC Trem thickness is more like an original McCarty model.

The SC Trems were originally McCarty thickness. Thus, different.

Yep, and that's one of things I love about the Singlecut Trem.

I specifically remember the first Private Stock I saw was a full-depth Singlecut with a trem. Very different beast at the time, but basically a Tremonti nowadays.

Yep, and that's one of things I love about the Singlecut Trem.

I specifically remember the first Private Stock I saw was a full-depth Singlecut with a trem. Very different beast at the time, but basically a Tremonti nowadays.
I had one of the early SC Trems, a red Artist Package. For some reason, I didn't love it, and in retrospect, it was the pickups I wasn't crazy about.

I have a P245 Trem and the body is thicker than the SCT body. Like Les said, the SCT is McCarty thickness. SC594 body was slightly thicker than the P245. My DC594 is roughly the same thickness as the P245.

Back