Singlecut Preferences...................Discuss

QuiltedTop

I currently own a 20th Anniversary Singlecut, 25.0" scale. My question for you is what do you guys like in a singlecut from PRS and why. ie). SC245 with the 24.5" scale or an older singlecut with the 25" scale or a newer Stripped 58 with the Bridge and Tailpiece as opposed to a tailpiece only. Discuss.

245 scale, wrapover. Scale for that vintage SC softer attack, wrapover for feel and simplicity.

I want a single cut with pattern thin neck and 408 pickups.
Spittin' image of my 408 except it is a single cut.
If they offered it in a 25" scale, I would order one.

My ideal singlecut would be 25" scale, McCarty thickness, two piece bridge, two DGT humbuckers, switch on the upper horn, one volume, one push/pull tone. Extra fat wide fat neck. Goldtop or blacktop.

Pretty happy with my SCT ( WF Rosewood ) the #6 pickup even work for me in this guitar also one of the best looking red guitars I have ever seen.
A SC MEII would also be up my alley. I like the simple ( 1-Vol 1-Tone ) control layout.

24.5 with 2-piece. Best Singlecut I've ever played. Stripped 58, SC58 or SC245 versions, all great.

One of each. :top:

Agreed!!

245 scale, wrapover. Scale for that vintage SC softer attack, wrapover for feel and simplicity.

I'm with you on the simplicity.

24.5 with 2-piece. Best Singlecut I've ever played. Stripped 58, SC58 or SC245 versions, all great.

You make me feel bad with this comment. LOL. There was a Stripped 58 on the Bay that was a buy it now of $1499 with free shipping. I really wanted to try it but I have too much gear for sale right now to justify it. Next time I'm pulling the trigger.

The hollow ones!

I'd like to try the Neal Schon with the Non Floyd.

I love the 25" scale singlecuts, they seem to have a optimal harmonic content to my ears. I do like the 24.5" scale too, seem to do the "L.P." thing better then a good old one. Ive played 3 dozen or so custom shop L.P. and 58 goldtop, a 60 burst and a 60 custom. They are amazing, but out if my reach. A Prs 24.5" scale gives me all the same kind of sounds plus more to my ears. The 25" scale is the most comfortable to me and gives me that sound I use to wish those 70's customs did, with the appropriate woods of course. For a more modern sound, 25" scale. For vintage sounds 24.5" scale. As far as bridges I'm torn, I like them all.

After many years I've gone full circle and am back to being an SC with 24.5" scale kind of guy. I blame the SC Ted's...such a GREAT guitar!! :redface:

I've played both and could go either way for a SC or DC. For metal I'd prefer the 25 all day but for everything else I'm open.

My absolute favorite SC is a first year (2000), 25" scale, with #7's. It's one of the ones on which the stars aligned and fairies sprinkled magic dust.

My SC is all of my dream spec: 25" sc250, wraparound (fully intonatable bridge) with thin neck profile.

Monster guitar. I've not played the 2 piece bridges for comparison, but the original wrap on my Mira is just as good.

Still a nightmare to find a thin neck SC by PRS these days.

24.5" with two-piece bridge. PRS nailed the Stripper.

Hmmm, maybe that didn't come out right. :D

I have owned both scale length SC's, the 245 gets pretty tight in its spacing higher up on the neck. I had a hard time playing in high G or A.

Back