Singlecut Hollowbody I Production Years?

walrus

I'm trying to chase down a Single Cut Hollowbody, and Iwas wondering - from what I can gather from the PRS price lists, the SCHB I was only available in 2008 and 2009. Is this correct?

SC HB IIs were in production for longer, though, so if you like a pretty back as well as top/front, you can look at those.

Mine’s from 2008 with solid maple top, 245 pickups, wide-fat neck with East-Indian rosewood ‘board. As far as I know the SC Hollowbody have one-piece sides and back created by hollowing out a slab of solid mahogany, whereas the HB II models are made of separate top, back and side (i.e. more like a regular archtop). To my ears, this makes a huge difference. Not better, not worse, just different.

My SC Hollowbody is a beast. Only thing I don’t like about it is the lack of a treble bleed cap.

SC HB IIs were in production for longer, though, so if you like a pretty back as well as top/front, you can look at those.
Yeah, mine's a II, so was much more recent. And no, it's definitely not for sale.

According to the PRS price lists, the Singlecut HB I was available in 2008-09 while the Singlecut HB II in various configurations was available in 2010-2016.

I remember when the SCHBI was introduced in 2008, along withe the SCHB Standard. I was jonesing for one of these and, by kismet, was able to acquire a used 2009 SCHBI in September 2009. I am still loving it. I think that PRS might do well to reintroduce this model at some point in the future.

Best of luck in your search...

...I was on a similar search, but got sick of looking (and I had particular options I wanted) so I had one built!!

Back