Singlecut Archtops... Anyone play or buy one yet?

jchix

I've been eager to try the singlecut archtop but they seem to be in very short supply. Besides the launch videos Paul did, there are no other videos I can find. No stores near me have one in stock either, but I'm hoping to try one at NAMM.

Anyone gotten their hands on one? What did you think?

Last edited:
Which one, Miss March or the other one (maple top or spruce top)? There are only 6 of the former; I think you can still order the latter, but I don't think they'll make them except to order.

Trust in them. Absolutely fantastic guitars.

I got one of the latter, but it doesn't sound anything like the videos, mostly because I don't have 50 YEARS OF GUITAR PLAYING EXPERIENCE behind me like those two in the two videos do. I also didn't have PRSh to dial in my tone for me. Would that it were so.

I'm more interested in the maple top variant like "Miss March" since I don't play much traditional jazz. I'm curious to hear how different the tonal palette is compared to a hollowbody II or a semi-hollow PRS.

I suspect it'll be really subtle. Though, also not being a traditional jazz player, I too am curious. Good luck with your search, and please do report back with your findings.

Back