Single-coil tones: 305 vs 513

H2-DGT

I know that both guitars share the same pickups, or at least used to (on my 2009 305). Has anyone A/B'd both guitars in that respect? Curious as to how much difference they have re tone/output/etc. Thanks!

Good question.
I was under the impression that the 513 pups were labelled 513, and the 305 pups 305.
No idea if there is a difference besides designation. Sort of like a P22 pup could be a 5708 or 5310, or a Mira pup a 245?

I'm pretty sure they're the same pickups, but that they'll sound different due to different electronics, the proximity of the second pickup in the bridge and neck positions on the 513, as well as the usual factors.

It could be the same pickups but the 305 uses an alder body and a maple neck I believe, a lot different than the 513 woods

Any of you had a chance to compare? Curious bc I am considering adding a 513 to the stable, but I didn't know how Stratty it sounded. The 305 is like a Strat made by Ferrari.

i thought I recalled Dancing Frog say that there was a difference between the 513 and 305 pickups? He would know.

Any of you had a chance to compare? Curious bc I am considering adding a 513 to the stable, but I didn't know how Stratty it sounded. The 305 is like a Strat made by Ferrari.

I can't help you with the comparison for the 513 to the 305 (I have never played a 305), but I can tell you that my 513 with rosewood neck in single coil mode, sounds quite different from my Strat with maple neck and Texas Special pickups. Both are great sounding guitars, but they sound "different" (IMHO).

Back