Singers Who Are/Were Amazing

I tried not to list anyone who'd already been mentioned, but this list should always start "Besides Freddie Mercury...".

I'm going to see the new movie in IMAX on Friday. Can't wait.

Totally agree!!! My family and I already have our cushy chairs picked out (Towson, I think), and I NEVER go to the movies. He!!, I could have bought some really nice used pedals for what we paid!!!!!
But this should be well worth it!!! Can't wait, either!!!!

Thought about you with the Squirrel Hill news, Alan...hope all is well.

Amy Winehouse. I find it incredibly difficult to listen to her music now though, after her passing the songs went from melancholy to sorrowful for me but... damn, what a talent she was.

Some of the later live performances are so sad! A bit like Whitney Houston, the loss of the voice when you knew how talented they were and had thrown it all away!

Totally agree!!! My family and I already have our cushy chairs picked out (Towson, I think), and I NEVER go to the movies. He!!, I could have bought some really nice used pedals for what we paid!!!!!
But this should be well worth it!!! Can't wait, either!!!!

Thought about you with the Squirrel Hill news, Alan...hope all is well.

Thanks, Bill - all is well with us. My buddy and I were in Squirrel Hill before the Alice Cooper show Friday night, and Saturday we were traveling to OH to see Alice again, and I only caught bits and pieces of the story. Sad thing, and totally stupid. On top of everything, it seemed he didn’t have the congregation he was supposedly mad about.

I’ve started to feel like it’s becoming more a matter of when we’re affected by something like this, no longer ‘if’.

But that’s one of the things I love about music and movies - it’s an escape, even if it’s only temporary.

Etta James
Aretha Franklin
Patsy Cline
Amy Winehouse
Gladys Night
Adele
Beyonce'
Amy Mann
Sinead O' Conner
Annie Lennox
Kate Bush
Stevie Nicks

I could keep going, and going, and going, and....

Oh and I just recently found out how talented this guy really is.
David Draiman from Disturbed, I had no clue how big his range is, until I heard his version of The Sound of Silence. If you aren't familiar with him...let this one sink in.

Oh and I just recently found out how talented this guy really is.
David Draiman from Disturbed, I had no clue how big his range is, until I heard his version of The Sound of Silence. If you aren't familiar with him...let this one sink in.

On my original list. He’s great. This is 2002:

Male Singers: Freddie Mercury, Steve Perry.

Female Singers: Barbara Streisand, Allison Krauss, Celine Dion.

Back