Singapore Guitar Stores - Your Recommendations?

MichaelS

I'm here for the free kool-aid...
Hanging out in Singapore... what are the go-to guitar stores?
@Utkarsh ?

Not just PRS, also good selection on vintage and reissue.

Singapore is fantastic for all sorts of things, so good luck to you.

I think Swee Lee is among your best bets.

Haha glad you thought of me.
Singapore has a great amount of Gibson and Fender guitars. PRS not so much but let me share.

Swee Lee: Major retailer. Official for G and F. Multiple outlets . Biggest selection is in the Bras Basah outlet near the City Hall train station. Nicest shop is in Star Vista mall (right next to my office) where they have a nice cafe and a well used deals section where you get brand new NOS guitars at crazy prices
https://www.sweelee.com.sg/

Peninsula shopping centre and Excelsior are adjoining malls near City Hall as well that contains a lot of guitar stores
Davis Guitar: Official PRS retailer. Not the largest collection though
https://www.davisguitar.com/
Maestro Guitar: Boutique Singaporean acoustic guitar maker
https://www.maestroguitars.com/
And many others, whose names i dont recall but occasionally you see good second hand instruments

Located in Dhoby Ghat, one train stop away from City Hall are
Yamaha music in Plaza Singapura mall for Yamaha products
City Music in Peace Centre mainly for Martin and some other brands

Also check out the online market place Carousell.sg for lots of used deals . Singapore is a low crime country so theres a very low chance of getting scammed and all the listings are genuine

Last but not least, shameless plug. I have over 30 guitars including 10 or 11 core PRSs (i lost count:p) and some relatively rare guitars picked up from Japan. Since I have a PS on order, I have a few of them listed for sale at
https://sg.carousell.com/utkarshmohanguitar but there are others hiding ( i only really have 2 guitars I will never sell, my first epi lp and the 594 my wife gifted me). So drop by:)

Also to add Bras Basah mall contain other guitar shops on top of Swee Lee where you occasionally spot the good. You just need to walk up and down and browse them.
So net two concentrated locations for lots og guitar shops
Excelsior/Peninsula
And
Bras Basah

Both are on different sides of the City Hall station so that would be the first stop I would prioritize

Also to add Bras Basah mall contain other guitar shops on top of Swee Lee where you occasionally spot the good. You just need to walk up and down and browse them.
So net two concentrated locations for lots og guitar shops
Excelsior/Peninsula
And
Bras Basah

Both are on different sides of the City Hall station so that would be the first stop I would prioritize

Thanks so much!
Yea, I walked over to Bras Basah yesterday. Played a few Gibsons (there's a showroom model/condition R9 for $8,800SGD /$6,400USD) and Fenders ($6,700SGD for the customshop), so yea those prices are kinda steep. Strings and frets are pretty oxidized from the climate making them really hard to play. They say they do polish them every so often.
Was looking more for a jam and browse than to really pick one up. Had a good time though.

Thanks so much!
Yea, I walked over to Bras Basah yesterday. Played a few Gibsons (there's a showroom model/condition R9 for $8,800SGD /$6,400USD) and Fenders ($6,700SGD for the customshop), so yea those prices are kinda steep. Strings and frets are pretty oxidized from the climate making them really hard to play. They say they do polish them every so often.
Was looking more for a jam and browse than to really pick one up. Had a good time though.
Free relicing;)?
Haha yes guitars need special care in the tropics hence I keep mine climate controlled.
Swee Lee prices are a mixed bag but generally Gibson/ Fender custom shop is indeed overpriced as you say but I have picked up a few good deals over the years, most notably a historic firebird VII for 3.5K USD.
Glad to hear you had fun

Best stores are Davis guitar for PRS and Swee Lee (the flagship store at Star Vista if you're looking for higher end offerings). Look for Janet and Aryadni respectively. Tell them Eugene sent you there.

Back