Silversky ground problem perhaps?

Discussion in 'Forum Rules & News' started by Craigo, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Craigo

Craigo New Member

Hi
    Just received a brand new silversky in the past today. Sounds great but theres quite a lot of static noise that goes away when you touch some of the grounded metal parts of the guitar.
    I plugged my American fender strat in to compare and its definitely a lot less noisy.
    It reminds me of some old electrics I've had with the earth wire to the bridge missing.

I can see the earth wire on the claw, that looks ok if not a little bit excessive on the solder side of things.

Any thoughts / fixes? I don't really want to send it back. And I dont really want to open it up, its brand new!!!

2. Craigo

Craigo New Member

3. Craigo

Craigo New Member

4. Black Plaid

Black Plaid just another Alan

I think it would be a grounding problem if the noise didn't stop when touching the strings.

There was another thread on this but I don't recall the resolution, try a search on the forum!

Also, this is thread is posted in the wrong area, please delete and post in the PTC area.

5. Craigo

Craigo New Member

Not sure how to delete it sorry
    Il move it elsewhere
    Newbie!!

Yeah I read the other post. No solution