Silver Sky

Hmmm…. Bodia is slacking…
Bodia already sold the one he had, to another forum member. Great guitar, but I still sound like pooh on single coils. Plus, my hands/palms found the neck sticky. At that time, I was to much of a wimp to "treat" it. If I still had it, I'd sand that puppy.

I've heard so many different takes and issues, but my neck -- late 2020, was not stick at all, like smooth as could be (like a typical PRS neck). No issues with fret height, stickiness, static, or radius (which are all the gripes I've read, aside from the case debate). Maybe try another one, Bodia! :cool:

Bodia already sold the one he had, to another forum member. Great guitar, but I still sound like pooh on single coils. Plus, my hands/palms found the neck sticky. At that time, I was to much of a wimp to "treat" it. If I still had it, I'd sand that puppy.
I love the feel of a rosewood neck, and am so tempted to sand my HBs to get closer to that, but I’m scared of screwing it up!

I've heard so many different takes and issues, but my neck -- late 2020, was not stick at all, like smooth as could be (like a typical PRS neck). No issues with fret height, stickiness, static, or radius (which are all the gripes I've read, aside from the case debate). Maybe try another one, Bodia! :cool:
Yeah, I should try the maple board version. That one doesn't have a nitro finished neck. That was my issue with the original one I had.

I assume, then, that #10 is simply that you haven’t played one yet!?

Im not a strat fan, I’ve never owned one, I don’t like them. However, I played a couple of SSs and they are absolutely superb guitars. So good, in fact, that I would potentially ignore the looks entirely and get one purely for how good they sound and feel to play.

I don’t really like Strats, have no love for Mayer and I’m really a metal guy, so why do I need single coils? Yet I have a 2020 Midnight Rose Maple board SS…and I adore it! Mayer and PRS took all my complaints about Strats and fixed them. Just can’t argue with it! I also have no room for anymore guitars, but I don’t let that stop me from getting more!

I don’t really like Strats, have no love for Mayer and I’m really a metal guy, so why do I need single coils? Yet I have a 2020 Midnight Rose Maple board SS…and I adore it! Mayer and PRS took all my complaints about Strats and fixed them. Just can’t argue with it! I also have no room for anymore guitars, but I don’t let that stop me from getting more!
After my posts today, I SO hope I’m agreeing with you totally very soon.

Whenever I think about this I remember a line from a realtor in an ad

"Any closet is a walk-in closet if you try hard enough"

Don't get me started on that. LMAO. I deal with realtors every day. I remember one ad about a "simply magnificent home" that one of my clients tried to buy and it failed multiple inspections. I think they go to special school to learn how to write those ads... and they use the same technique with their advertising photos... 20-30 year old glamour shots are the norm. You show up at a closing and can't even recognize the agent after seeing their web site pics.

Don't get me started on that. LMAO. I deal with realtors every day. I remember one ad about a "simply magnificent home" that one of my clients tried to buy and it failed multiple inspections. I think they go to special school to learn how to write those ads... and they use the same technique with their advertising photos... 20-30 year old glamour shots are the norm. You show up at a closing and can't even recognize the agent after seeing their web site pics.
My wife has been a real estate broker for nearly 30 years. What you described frustrates her as well.

All the Silver Sky’s I’ve played were totally inspiring. Closed my eyes, played, and all of a sudden an hour went by. Very good guitars IMHO. Haven’t got one, because (a) I’m having some issues with the guitar’s cosmetics and (b) as a long-time DC3 and recent NF3 owner, I’m not really tempted.

Good point.

But still, eventually, the potential buyer is going to know the truth, might as well show and prove on Day 1. Glamour shots and fairy dust are bogus.

Started to put this above, but it makes more sense here.

I can give you a couple keys to the 'code':

"I'm considerate of women" - "This one time, I put the toilet seat down after I peed."

"I have good hygiene" - "I own a toothbrush and toothpaste. And I know where the deodorant aisle is."

"I'm a good listener" - "I know when to nod my head"

"I have varied interests" - "I have multiple collections of stuff you won't believe"

"I'm neat and organized" - "I clean up when I have to"

"I'm a musician" - "I hope you can support me"

"I'm a bass player" - "GET OUT!!!!!! RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!!"

"I'm a drummer" - "My current girlfriend is typing this"

Started to put this above, but it makes more sense here.

I can give you a couple keys to the 'code':

"I'm considerate of women" - "This one time, I put the toilet seat down after I peed."

"I have good hygiene" - "I own a toothbrush and toothpaste. And I know where the deodorant aisle is."

"I'm a good listener" - "I know when to nod my head"

"I have varied interests" - "I have multiple collections of stuff you won't believe"

"I'm neat and organized" - "I clean up when I have to"

"I'm a musician" - "I hope you can support me"

"I'm a bass player" - "GET OUT!!!!!! RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!!"

"I'm a drummer" - "My current girlfriend is typing this"

Well damn. Where were you 10 years ago when I was going through my ‘musician’ phase. Those were some seriously broke no money having mofos.

Back