Silver Sky Wobbly Knobs

ColossalPaul

Hi Techs,

I have a new silver sky from sweetwater (serial 02777277), and all 3 knobs are wobbly. Wobbly like you can move them slightly sideways. And it makes a clicking sound. I have another PRS SE Custom 24 and the knobs are rock solid.

Why is this happening? And how to fix this? I'd post a video but I can't since this is my first post.

Please help.

It was just brought up here that PRS removes ( or has removed ) a washer or bushing in there pots to make them turn easier

FROM PRS CUSTOMER SERVICE:
"Thank you for contacting PRS Guitars. This is normal. We have our pots built to Paul’s specs and that includes removing the nylon washers that are found in most pots. The washers grind inside the pot and cause resistance when turning. Paul wants the pots to turn freely and smoothly. Remove the washers does cause a small amount of side to side play on the shaft."
"It’s safe to add fader grease. You can access the inside of the pot from the bottom side (access through the electronics cavity)."

It was just brought up here that PRS removes ( or has removed ) a washer or bushing in there pots to make them turn easier

FROM PRS CUSTOMER SERVICE:
"Thank you for contacting PRS Guitars. This is normal. We have our pots built to Paul’s specs and that includes removing the nylon washers that are found in most pots. The washers grind inside the pot and cause resistance when turning. Paul wants the pots to turn freely and smoothly. Remove the washers does cause a small amount of side to side play on the shaft."
"It’s safe to add fader grease. You can access the inside of the pot from the bottom side (access through the electronics cavity)."

thanks for this, could you point me to the original post please?

Back