Silver Sky-Why you love it

I move around too much to have a sticky neck though. I’ve had several friends of mine say they didn’t mind sticky necks, but they stay near the pocket all the time. I gots to be makin moves.

And I don’t know about the Danish Oil Job. Mrs DTR frowns on massage parlors.

But dude...it's a Danish one...ya know Danish? As in...Danish Wedding Cookies? Hellllloooo! Those cookies rule bro...can you imagine the oil job....I mean it's gotta be the bomb...right?

*Pro Tip* Don't tell Mrs.DTR about the massage parlor man.:cool::p:D

Last edited:
Ha! That's a good one! I should probably try that one next ti...no wait...that's right...I don't have any kids.:rolleyes:

That I know of o_O...man and just when one of the little nose pickers would have come in handy....:D

C'mom dude, everyone knows that the pooch needs a guitar!

The neck...the finish...the neck...the pickups is all positions.....the neck......the sound.......the neck.......head stock.........the neck.........the birds........ everything.

I have no interest whatsoever in this guitar.
I don't get along with Strat style guitars
and I don't like the way John Meyer plays.

:eek:

Well, perhaps you don’t like John Meyer, but you should really check out John Mayer. His Continuum album is great, but Born and Raised, Paradise Valley and TSFE are pretty spectacular too.

Well, perhaps you don’t like John Meyer, but you should really check out John Mayer. His Continuum album is great, but Born and Raised, Paradise Valley and TSFE are pretty spectacular too.

Some of his work is definitely great, but his Tik Tok channel is pure gold!

I don’t care who’s name is on the Silver Sky, it’s excellent. Might as well be the Biz Markie Silver Sky because it got what I need.

I personally don’t understand paying more than $1,200 USD for a bolt on. Put a maple cap on it I might spring for a little more.

But that’s just me, & I get that. Just saying, I don’t get it.

Some of his work is definitely great, but his Tik Tok channel is pure gold!

I don’t care who’s name is on the Silver Sky, it’s excellent. Might as well be the Biz Markie Silver Sky because it got what I need.
This

I personally don’t understand paying more than $1,200 USD for a bolt on. Put a maple cap on it I might spring for a little more.

But that’s just me, & I get that. Just saying, I don’t get it.
I thought the same thing and I get where you are coming from. I had to eat crow. A few years back, I had stated if PRS every made another SStyle, I’d get it. I had stopped playing for a few years and saw the 305 around 2014 or 2015 I guess. And I was like “that’s it!” Then the SS came out and I tried to avoid it lol. It got me!

I love mine for the tone. It’s the single coil sound I’ve always had in my head, but could never get from Fender or Suhr or Tyler.

I also love it for the neck. It’s an excellent shape and the nitro feels great. The 7.25” radius is perfect. It’s a very “vintage” feeling neck and that appeals to me.

The third thing I love are the controls. The volume knob gives up so much variation with the slightest tweak. I swear there is a difference between 10 and 9.5 and a difference between 9.5 and 9 etc.

It sounds great with drives, it sounds wonderful clean. It just... does the job.

I have great interest in my SS
I get along with S style guitars but I realize they are like a woman.
-They can sound great and sound harsh then sound silly, then cry out of tune (and you have to deal with it)
I like the way John Mayer plays guitar and plays the field (with women)

Back