Silver Sky-Why you love it

Clashcityrocker

Curve Denier
For me:

The neck is so good I would like an exact shaped neck like this for my tele's and parts strat.

It's not too flashy. When you first see it, it looks like a Fender Squire, but as you examine it closely it just looks so awesome and right.

It makes me sound as close as I can get to Stevie Ray, Mark Knopler and Jimi Hendrix without that much effort!

Oh yeah I forgot...I love the headstock. I love the staggered tuners and bigger lower point. And that's not all....I love the Nitro on the back of the neck. I don't think the SE model will have that.

I played mine today for like 3 hours. So awesome. It has substance and just feels really high quality. The neck is incredible. The pickups sing. So many great tones. I love playing this guitar. It's also dead sexy. I always hated all the tuning buttons on one side of the headstock.

This guitar brought me back to having a SSS guitar.
Love the neck shape and upper fret access , does not fight you like most Strats always did for me.
Pickups all 5 positions have something great to say and all the Vol and tone knobs have just the right taper to add even more sounds.
I set the trem on mine to float and love it even more that way :)

This guitar brought me back to having a SSS guitar.
Love the neck shape and upper fret access , does not fight you like most Strats always did for me.
Pickups all 5 positions have something great to say and all the Vol and tone knobs have just the right taper to add even more sounds.
I set the trem on mine to float and love it even more that way :)
Ya gotta believe a guy who likes it so much he got two!:D:cool:

anyone having trouble with the nitro neck being sticky?

anyone having trouble with the nitro neck being sticky?

If I could change one and only one thing...it would be the neck finish.

I decided to use a non abrasive pure Carnuba Wax on my SS neck. I've done three coats on mine thus far, and it feels much slicker to my hand now....YRMV but this is straight from the Ron Thorn playbook...and I dig it.

If I could change one and only one thing...it would be the neck finish.

I decided to use a non abrasive pure Carnuba Wax on my SS neck. I've done three coats on mine thus far, and it feels much slicker to my hand now....YRMV but this is straight from the Ron Thorn playbook...and I dig it.
The alternative being scruff it up, which *some* have been hesitant to do. (I know a guy :) ) If I loved it and knew I'd never sell it, and was annoyed by the stickyness, I'd probably do the Scotch-brite treatment

The alternative being scruff it up, which *some* have been hesitant to do. (I know a guy :) ) If I loved it and knew I'd never sell it, and was annoyed by the stickyness, I'd probably do the Scotch-brite treatment

I should have kept mine, and done just that. If I ever get another, I will. I've done it to two nitro finished necks since then (DGT and Dirty 100) and am happy with the results. Dropped the EC off 6 months ago, with a top notch guy, for a refret and neck strip/Danish Oil job. Picked it up today. Very happy with it.

I love everything else about it so much...it would pretty much have to be as sticky as one of those sticky mouse trap board things...to tarnish its magnificence enough to be a deal breaker for me.;)
I should have kept mine, and done just that. If I ever get another, I will. I've done it to two nitro finished necks since then (DGT and Dirty 100) and am happy with the results. Dropped the EC off 6 months ago, with a top notch guy, for a refret and neck strip/Danish Oil job. Picked it up today. Very happy with it.

Ooooo a Danish Oil Job...now we're talkin!

I love everything else about it so much...it would pretty much have be as sticky as one of those sticky mouse trap board things...to tarnish its magnificence enough to be a deal breaker.;)

Ooooo a Danish Oil Job...now we're talkin!

I move around too much to have a sticky neck though. I’ve had several friends of mine say they didn’t mind sticky necks, but they stay near the pocket all the time. I gots to be makin moves.

And I don’t know about the Danish Oil Job. Mrs DTR frowns on massage parlors.

I’ve only been playing a year & have had my hands on only a couple of vintage guitars but I’m a believer. I’d give them props alone for wanting to advance the idea instead of going the pure vintage spec/homage route. I stick around the $1000 range but this guitar would make me want to scrimp & save & I’ve only had my hands on it once haha.

Maybe I’ll get one down the road for my son to play when he visits.

“You used the ‘for my son to play’ excuse when you got the Lone Star. You’ll have to think of a new one.”

“Who the hell are you, constantly disrupting my excuse-making?”

“Jiminy Cricket. By the way, your nose grew.”

Maybe I’ll get one down the road for my son to play when he visits.

“You used the ‘for my son to play’ excuse when you got the Lone Star. You’ll have to think of a new one.”

“Who the hell are you, constantly disrupting my excuse-making?”

“Jiminy Cricket. By the way, your nose grew.”

Ha! That's a good one! I should probably try that one next ti...no wait...that's right...I don't have any kids.:rolleyes:

That I know of o_O...man and just when one of the little nose pickers would have come in handy....:D

I’ve only been playing a year & have had my hands on only a couple of vintage guitars but I’m a believer. I’d give them props alone for wanting to advance the idea instead of going the pure vintage spec/homage route. I stick around the $1000 range but this guitar would make me want to scrimp & save & I’ve only had my hands on it once haha.

Yup...kinda where I was a year ago. So, I scrimped and I saved...and it was so worth it!

Back