Silver Sky w/ lampshade knobs

jjhookemup

Gearoholic
Anybody switched out their knobs for the Prs clear/black lampshade ones?
I’ve got a frost colored one, but I don’t really care for the knobs. A little slippery for my touch and tiny feeling. So I ordered some clear/black ones, but I’m not sure if they’ll be too eye catching or overpowering visually being the guitar is white/white.
Anyone tried or agree with this situation?
Thanks

Last edited:
Just google ‘white PRS’. There are plenty of pics to look at that’ll give you an idea of how the knobs look with a white guitar.

FWIW, I think they look great.

Yeah you’re right... I think they’ll look fine.

Nothin’ to worry about, they’ll look cool. Of course it goes without saying to keep the originals, just in case you decide to sell down the road.

Like, when PRS comes out with my signature model, you’re gonna want it.

“They’re never going to do that, Les.”

“Sure they are! We’re in negotiations!”

“You’re lying.”

“I know. But it felt so good.”

Not a SS, but will give y'all an idea how the size of the lampshades compare to the normal knobs.
FC1y5Fo.jpg

KJCgD8M.jpg

OcWhmSW.jpg

Thanks for the pics, I ordered a pair and if they look ok I’ll order another set to get the 3rd one. I think I’ll just have to get use to em’ because I can’t seem to bond with the feel of the stock ones. They won’t let me use the side of my pinky...too slick.

I use the Fender Elite soft touch knobs. Absolutely the perfect feeling knobs in history.
Of only the PRS lampshade has that grippy feel. I would put them on all guitars.

Got em’ in today and installed em’. They really look nice. Very classy looking. I tried to post some pics, but I can’t figure it out. Did photobucket, but still can’t figure it. I’m not very tech...oh well, sorry y’all.​

Last edited:
.Thanks “alantig” Did y’all see the other 2 pics to of the different angles? They really do look very nice, now I can’t wait till the other knobs get here.

.Thanks “alantig” Did y’all see the other 2 pics to of the different angles? They really do look very nice, now I can’t wait till the other knobs get here.

No sweat! I can always use the practice to try to help others when they have issues. And that was the only pic I looked at - or needed.

Back