Silver Sky volume knob issue

Sain't

Playing the silver sky the other day, guitar goes quiet. I don't have the volume knob set to 10 (never do) so I try 10. A little scratchy at first but I get full volume. I dial down and nothing (except a very very quiet signal). I roll the knob back and forth, shake the guitar, etc, but same behavior. I go to other guitars, no problem. Pick up the silver sky several times that day, no dice.

Yesterday I try the silver sky again and works great. Again, I shake it, roll knob, but it's solid.

I've reported it to Sweetwater and will probably get a response on Monday. In the meantime, any theories? Gotta be wiring issue or the pot, right?

Michael

I am having the same issue. Disappointing. Bought it new a few months ago. My first PRS. New off the shelf with issues. Dis you get it corrected? What did you discover?

Does not take much for a pot to go bad or become intermittent some last decades some last week or never work at all.
I shot of Detox will most likely cure your issue but with a new guitar I would want a new pot even if its just to have in case it fails again after a cleaning.
PTC will sort you out no problem shoot them an email

I am having the same issue. Disappointing. Bought it new a few months ago. My first PRS. New off the shelf with issues. Dis you get it corrected? What did you discover?

Yep, bad pot. I bought from Sweetwater so I contacted them. They covered the replacement by my local shop. You have to be sure to get the exact pot from PRS.

Michael

Back