Silver Sky ... Suhr

I have a Suhr Classic Pro in Lake Placid Blue that is very much like the Suhr in this video. It is a monster of a super strat. When I do my sell off, it will stay and all of my Fenders will go. I have always been intrigued by the Silver Sky but really feel like I need the humbucker in the bridge. That is what the Suhr gives me. I am like the guy in the red shirt. The Suhr just nailed it for me. I am also in agreement with them on the neck radius and frets. I don't think I would like the smaller radius and frets. I have never found a Silver Sky to actually play but knowing my other guitars, I think I would almost like but not love it.

Suhr vs SS these are two different guitars , just similar in shape a nice review none the less.
A Fiore or a Special would be a closer comparison for a shootout down the line.
Funny MP can be seen a bunch playing a Horizon Red SS in his videos so this is a older video

I think it is interesting that people sometimes say a guitar like the Silver Sky isn’t a Strat because it doesn’t fit the style of Strat they like. There are so many different styles of legitimate/authentic Fender USA Stratocasters that there isn’t a definitive description of a Strat. Some sound thick and others sound thin. They can be dark or bright. Some are slinky feeling while others are a struggle to play. For me, if the body has the general shape of a Strat, it’s ok to say it’s a Strat. Brand, headstock, bridge, pickups… Close enough.

I have to agree the Fiore would be a better comparison to the Suhr. I have the Fiore and it is a BEAST! I have a Suhr Classic T with compound radius and SS frets and Joe Barden pickups and love that thing too!

Had a Suhr. Fine instrument. Most are pretty even on quality.

However, id always take a PRS.

Back