Silver Sky static through amp.

Max_Keeble

Hi I recently purchased a new Silver Sky and I love everything about it. However, I noticed that when I run my hand along the body and neck of the guitar it causes a loud static that persist until I stop touching it. I tested my other guitars too try to replicate this issue but the Silver Sky is the only one that does this. Also, this noise does not happen when I rub my hand along the pick guard. Any idea on how I can fix it? Or do I have to send it back?

Hi I recently purchased a new Silver Sky and I love everything about it. However, I noticed that when I run my hand along the body and neck of the guitar it causes a loud static that persist until I stop touching it. I tested my other guitars too try to replicate this issue but the Silver Sky is the only one that does this. Also, this noise does not happen when I rub my hand along the pick guard. Any idea on how I can fix it? Or do I have to send it back?

I believe other forum members have had success gently wiping a dryer sheet over the static areas.

I believe other forum members have had success gently wiping a dryer sheet over the static areas.
Hey thanks for replying, I used a dryer sheet and unfortunately I still have the issue. Essentially almost everywhere I touch on the guitar besides the pick guard makes a static noise through the amp. Guitar smells better however lol, really want to get an idea on this issue as I really love everything else about the guitar.

Hey thanks for replying, I used a dryer sheet and unfortunately I still have the issue. Essentially almost everywhere I touch on the guitar besides the pick guard makes a static noise through the amp. Guitar smells better however lol, really want to get an idea on this issue as I really love everything else about the guitar.

Hopefully someone else may have another idea.

Hope you get it sorted.

Back