Silver Sky SE

Really, really good. Probably the best pickups I've tried in an SE when it comes to getting the same sound as the USA version. An exception to most SE vs Maryland experiences I've had, where the pickups (and overall tone) of the SE were the most different from the Core version, but the SE playability was top notch. On the SE SS, I would have a much harder time picking out the sound of the SE vs Maryland guitars, but the Maryland version has more of a noticeable edge in playability. Not that the SE is bad, by any means, still outperforms guitars from the big "F" costing twice as much.

I've only demo'd the SSSE but I did like the pickups and guitar. I personally found them to be different from the Maryland version on A/B. Not bad just different. Other factors can come into play like wood, bridge, electronics, etc, but I'd still say they sound different. My understanding is they are constructed different and read different so in my mind this makes sense. Honestly, if it had been a different color I would have probably walked out with it, but on the flip side it did make me appreciate the US version more as well. I'm also a recovering F addict that really doesn't need another S style guitar.

I handled one yesterday but didn’t plug in. It was the most comfortable of the SE’s I tried. Going for a different model though as limited colors that just weren’t what I was looking for.

I really dig the pickups on the SE SS. To my ears they are ever so slightly "hotter" than the US model and maybe a hair less articulate. But still, they are insanely good compared to others on the market today. Especially with a guitar at this price point.

Back