Silver Sky SE Colors Question

peterrooter

It appears that the colors in the stock photos are quite a bit different than the actual guitars. The stock photos seem brighter (and just a bit different?) especially the Dragon Fruit and Evergreen ones. Can anyone who has seen these in person, confirm this?

Thanks!

It appears that the colors in the stock photos are quite a bit different than the actual guitars. The stock photos seem brighter (and just a bit different?) especially the Dragon Fruit and Evergreen ones. Can anyone who has seen these in person, confirm this?

Thanks!
The Stone Blue I recently got is exactly as shown in the stock photos.

What you might be seeing is that in certain videos reviews of these guitars, the colors are much more vivid than the stock pics - it’s an issue with the color calibration/filters on the videos.

Last edited:
The Stone Blue I recruits exactly as shown in the stock photos.

What you might be seeing is that in certain videos reviews of these guitars, the colors are much more vivid than the stock pics - it’s an issue with the color calibration/filters on the videos.
Thanks. For sure, that is likely part of it.

I did notice that the Evergreen in particular, seems to be a lot lighter green in user photos and videos, than it is in press release/stocks photos.

I've played the Evergreen and I though the color was pretty similar to the website photos. That could be due to the settings on my monitors though. I haven't seen any other colors in person so I can't help there.

Stone Blue as daphne.

Daphne? That's some wild color correction.

Not to resurrect a zombie thread, but I think there may be some inconsistency in some of the colors from guitar to guitar. A few months ago, I tried out a green SS SE in a store; I really disliked the color; it was brighter and more garish than it appeared online.

However, the other day, I saw a couple more green SS SEs in a store, and they looked much better than the one I previously saw; the green was darker and more muted. I still am not a huge fan of that shade of green, but it was much better (and definitely much different) than the other one I saw.

Maybe this is just particular to the green model. I haven't seen any SS SEs in person other than the green one.

I agree. Some variation happens. I think the blue is always the same. They moonwhite varies the most. The yellow can be off white or butterscotch yellow.

Its maybe down to the difference in wood colour. It can vary from quite light to dark and if the paint is thin enough, change the hue of the top. Maple is usually 'white' which makes it a great base to stain. Other woods will affect the way 'colour' looks so I am not surprised the 'lighter' colours' have more noticeable variation than darker colours...

I'd say that adds 'some' more uniqueness to a guitar that generally looks like anyone elses - like the 'flame' is unique on maple capped stained guitars..

And different lighting too affects the way they can look in pics, and you never know if they have been 'processed' or altered to enhance contrast etc. LED Lighting looks different to bulbs and depending on what white balance you go for (warm? Cool? natural? artificial?) all things can change the way some colours photograph too...

Last edited:
Back