Silver Sky SE bridge questions

ThemBones

This looks not right.
I have many strats and I know how to set the bridge but it's always flat even if its "decked out"
Do I need to loosen the claw screws
tighten down the two screws to where it's flat or parallel with the body
then tighten claw again?

Second question is there a viable replacement for this bridge a gotoh maybe or is it good enough to go?

Hi32wj6.jpg

dwqpGRF.jpg

That's the way they come. It's not the same as your typical F style bridge. I remember seeing something when the original version came out that the bridge needs a little space underneath to operate properly.

Don't forget that it's a PRS, not a Strat. They designed these from the ground up. Many parts of the guitar do not match up to the standard F style parts we're used to.

That's the way they come. It's not the same as your typical F style bridge. I remember seeing something when the original version came out that the bridge needs a little space underneath to operate properly.

Don't forget that it's a PRS, not a Strat. They designed these from the ground up. Many parts of the guitar do not match up to the standard F style parts we're used to.

thank you for your reply.

Looks normal and exactly like my SE SS and you have the right color too :D

It does look weird but this guitar/bridge brought me back to using whammy bars after many years of disliking them. This design is a winner for me!

Looks normal and exactly like my SE SS and you have the right color too :D

It does look weird but this guitar/bridge brought me back to using whammy bars after many years of disliking them. This design is a winner for me!

Thank you, it was hard to determine what each color actually looked like in person because lighting made some difference and I have frankenstrat I built that my dad and I painted sonic blue so that color was out.

I did lower that bridge front a little bit, the video that was linked only showed how to float the bridge but even in that video it was said the base plate should be parallel with the strings which it is not in my original picture and still not even with lowering the two screws a little.

Yep decked from the factor. You can float it if you want to though. I am not thrilled with the saddles, but it holds tune really well.

Remember, you change the parts, you change the sound. Every SS SE I’ve seen is like that.

I wonder why they say to make the baseplate parallel with the strings in an official video but set them up different.
Either way it’s got 9s now and it sounds real good I hear the whole bass in the treble and treble in the base thing.

Back