Silver Sky scratchy frets and bending concerns

Go to the Jewelry department. That's where they are. You won't believe what you get off of even new strings with this. And it won't take you long to realize how much better they are lasting
And another thanks for directions. I'd have been wandering around that finkin' store for an hour!

To the OP, you mentioned another guitar has the same issue, is it at the same frets?

If so then it would suggest that it's not the guitar or frets at fault, but something in your playing style.

I'm quite heavy handed and have to polish my frets more often than average and am fast approaching needing a refret on my 5 year old American Original Strat (just waiting until I have my Silver Sky before I pull the trigger).

Here you go. Polish your frets with this. Polish your guitar strings with this. Even brand new ones (and you'll be shocked what it does to most new strings) and then every few plays after that for the strings.

I have an un-named guitar that I bought used from Brian's that rhymes with Axis, that STILL has the strings on it from when he sold it too me, because I polished them as soon as I got it and many times since. And the key, they don't just PLAY good, they still sound good! Here is the magic wand fellas, and it's not my idea. Some guy at TGP told me. But this is the best $10 you'll ever spend on guitar gear, and you can get it at Walmart! Make sure to get the silver one, not gold. And just do exactly what it says.
Picked up one of those cloths from Amazon. Surprisingly, it even took some gunk off a brand new set of PRS strings… likely a slight corrosion from sitting in the package. I’m going to give it a try and see how long the strings hold up. Either way, though, it did a killer job on polishing the nickel/chrome bridge and pickup covers. Worth the money for that alone!

Last edited:
Picked up one of those cloths from Amazon. Surprisingly, it even took some gunk off a brand new set of PRS strings… likely a slight corrosion from sitting in the package. I’m going to give it a try and see how long the strings hold up. Either way, though, it did a killer job on polishing the nickel/chrome bright and pickup covers. Worth the money for that alone!

I have one of those in my trumpet case as it’s silver plated. Mmmm (rubs chin), maybe something to do tomorrow!

EDIT - the trumpet, not the case Alan!

Last edited:
I have one of those in my trumpet case as it’s silver plated. Mmmm (rubs chin), maybe something to do tomorrow!

EDIT - the trumpet, not the case Alan!

Well, of course you'd do the trumpet. I mean, I don't think you're a weirdo!

Thank goodness it’s not a trombone…

trumpet-american-pie.gif

Back