Silver Sky - pick ups noisy?

perius

Are the Sliver Sky pick ups typical noisy single coils or do they have any kind of noise cancelling built it? On a related note, what are the best noiseless pickups for a Strat style guitar?

Although they are fairly normal single coils in construction, mine seem a bit quieter than my old Strat. In the 2 and 4 positions they are hum cancelling, so I assume the center pickup is reverse wound. As a direct answer to your question, though, they are not silent or “noiseless.”

I find them pretty quite for single coils, I have yet to find a noiseless single coil that I liked much. The ones in the Jeff Beck are as good as I have played

A noiseless single coil pickup isn’t a true single coil, it is a stacked mini-humbucker of sorts, which is how it is hum cancelling.

I have no experience of them in a guitar, but I assume that due to this, they will be different sonically from a true single coil.

Although they are fairly normal single coils in construction, mine seem a bit quieter than my old Strat. In the 2 and 4 positions they are hum cancelling, so I assume the center pickup is reverse wound. As a direct answer to your question, though, they are not silent or “noiseless.”
I'm with Rick... OK just on this subject...
Anyway, mine does not exhibit anything noise wise that I would consider an issue at all.

Back