Silver Sky owners....

Thomasfxlt

Looking for a little feedback before I try my first Silver Sky. I see the weight of these tend to run between 6.6 to 7.5 lbs. Has anyone played a few of these at the different weights? Any comment on tone, sustain etc at the lighter end of the scale?

I had one for a while then I sold it. Just didn't bond with it for some reason. The pickups sounded great, but I felt the plastic parts were extremely cheap. I didn't like the tuners either. I think mine was a pretty normal weight, ~7lbs ish. I did not love the neck either, I felt it was difficult to play up high, where I spend a lot of time.

I had the luxury of having 7 or 8 to choose from. Spent time with them all and really couldn’t tell a difference between them at all so I picked based on color. Even then it was hard to choose between the colors! Didn’t really inquire about weight though.

I don’t find the plastics cheap at all, I find them superior to my strats. The fact that they’re surgical room white does give them a different vibe. I don’t care for the tuner buttons, but the tuners themselves are flawless. May not be the best looking Strat style guitar, but for me it’s the best sounding, most playable version I’ve ever come across and that’s what matters most to me.

I had the luxury of having 7 or 8 to choose from. Spent time with them all and really couldn’t tell a difference between them at all so I picked based on color. Even then it was hard to choose between the colors! Didn’t really inquire about weight though.

I don’t find the plastics cheap at all, I find them superior to my strats. The fact that they’re surgical room white does give them a different vibe. I don’t care for the tuner buttons, but the tuners themselves are flawless. May not be the best looking Strat style guitar, but for me it’s the best sounding, most playable version I’ve ever come across and that’s what matters most to me.
Which did you choose color wise?

Which did you choose color wise?

Golden Mesa!

2-D0-E51-CE-71-AD-4-EA0-84-C4-A80-E1-CFE49-D5.jpg

Back