Silver Sky Neck

Tucker00

Hello all,

I am hoping some people could help me out with a question, there are no Silver Sky guitars available in a reasonable area for me to try out. I was hoping to get an idea of the neck compared to some Stratocaster necks that are available to try in my area.

I have hands on the smaller side (not tiny but not large, ~7.75in from wrist crease to tip of middle finger and middle finger is ~3.25 length) and was wondering how "chunky" the neck is. I have seen some articles that say its a comfortable mid-C and others that call it big/fat/chunky but comfortable.

Does anyone know how it feels compared to the following Fender necks (which are available to try):
Deep C - American Professional
'60s Oval C - Fender Custom shops trats
"C Shape" - MIM 60s Strat

The neck on the one I played had a lot more shoulder vs. the Am Pro Strat. I tried them side by side at GC a while back. I wished I could have the neck of the Am Pro Strat with the tone of the Silver Sky.

Hmmm...
I'm not very picky on necks it would seem.
The Silver Sky is as happy in my meathook rhythm player hands, as it is in my lead players hands. I was concerned about the radius, but I'm telling you, that is nothing, at least to me and thousands of others.
I have wide fat, wide thin, pattern etc, and the SS is a guitar I constantly reach for.

Yeah, I'I have actually seen enough where I'm not concerned about radius at all, more about the actual thickness and shape.

I am newer guitar player, so I'm not sure if its thick enough to provide me with a material disadvantage compared to more moderate Fenders 60s or even modern C, but I'm buying my first electric as a progress reward/30th birthday/promotion, so now I know I'll stick with guitar, I want something nice/memorable and the Silver sky seems to hit everything I'm looking for other than neck size worries.

I guess the only way I could help is if you went and tried a PRS with:
Wide fat
Wide thin
Pattern
Pattern regular
And then told me what you thought about them
Then I could relate my observations

I can tell you the silver sky is EASY to play, and is a one punch knockout guitar for a beginner. If this is your first electric guitar and your heart is saying PRS silver sky, pick out the color you want and get going! It's your first electric guitar, you'll get used to playing whatever neck profile don't worry. You can't go wrong and you will not be at a disadvantage to learning. The sound/tone of just plucking/hitting one note will give you inspiration to keep learning. It is a major advantage to have a guitar that inspires you.

I can tell you the silver sky is EASY to play, and is a one punch knockout guitar for a beginner. If this is your first electric guitar and your heart is saying PRS silver sky, pick out the color you want and get going! It's your first electric guitar, you'll get used to playing whatever neck profile don't worry. You can't go wrong and you will not be at a disadvantage to learning. The sound/tone of just plucking/hitting one note will give you inspiration to keep learning. It is a major advantage to have a guitar that inspires you.
^^^THIS^^^

It's a great comfortable neck. The edges are rolled and it feels like it's been broken in already. I have shorter fingers and mostly I like rounded necks rather than thin necks and it really works for me.

It rarely pays to agonize over guitar decisions. Get one, play it for a while, and see how it works for you. It’s the only way to know for sure.

Unfortunately, because you haven’t played one in person, there’s risk involved. That’s just the way it goes.

I’d recommend finding one and playing it first.

This might help.
necks.jpg

Back