Silver Sky neck question

Dave_W

I've read that there are a few variations of the SIlver Sky neck profile but I cannot figure out what they are.

Which model/year/color? should I be looking at if I want the smallest shoulder possible? I've looked up the depth at a few sites, but that doesn't represent the profile well.

Thanks!!!

I am by no means an expert but I think the neck profiles on the core are all the same, but the SE models are different. I just go by what's on the site:

To be honest I was fretting about neck profiles and the difference, but I found that I can move fairly easily between my guitars and they almost all have different profiles and scales.

I am by no means an expert but I think the neck profiles on the core are all the same, but the SE models are different. I just go by what's on the site:

To be honest I was fretting about neck profiles and the difference, but I found that I can move fairly easily between my guitars and they almost all have different profiles and scales.
I have pretty bad arthritis. Over the last few years I’ve reconfigured all of my guitars to have a similar neck profile to minimize any issues. Switching really aggravates my hand and wrist.

I have pretty bad arthritis. Over the last few years I’ve reconfigured all of my guitars to have a similar neck profile to minimize any issues. Switching really aggravates my hand and wrist.
Ouch. Maybe shorter scale might suit you better? Are you looking for a thinner profile? The pattern neck I find crazy comfortable.

Ouch. Maybe shorter scale might suit you better? Are you looking for a thinner profile? The pattern neck I find crazy comfortable.
Shorter scale is actually worse. It’s about the amount of shoulder on the neck. I haven’t touched my old tele in years due to the massive boat tail neck.

I have several strats that all suit me. The modern c is great, I like the Suhr slim even c, the Anderson even taper is great. I want to try a silver sky but want to give myself the best shot at liking the neck profile.

Ah, a more knowledgeable person will hopefully chime in. I, just this year, started learning about neck profiles, scale, etc. I truly hope you find what you’re looking for!

Not to hijack this thread, but I have two Silver Skies, a '19 (rosewood) and a '22 (maple).. I much prefer the smaller frets on the '19. Did any of the maple fretboard years have the smaller frets, or were they always larger frets on the maple fretboards?

I've read that there are a few variations of the SIlver Sky neck profile but I cannot figure out what they are.

Which model/year/color? should I be looking at if I want the smallest shoulder possible? I've looked up the depth at a few sites, but that doesn't represent the profile well.

Thanks!!!
Are you asking about Radius too? The Core SS has a pretty round 7.25" (akin to vintage Strats), the SE version is a slightly flatter 8.5".
For comparison, most modern Strats are 9.5", most PRS models are 10", most Les Pauls are 12"

Are you asking about Radius too? The Core SS has a pretty round 7.25" (akin to vintage Strats), the SE version is a slightly flatter 8.5".
For comparison, most modern Strats are 9.5", most PRS models are 10", most Les Pauls are 12"
Thanks, just the neck shape. The 7 1/4" radius suits me great and matches several of my strats. I'm just concerned the neck has a little too much shoulder on it for me.

Back