Silver Sky Nebula

Hello,

New to the page. Been lurking for a bit and reading up on all the PRS stuff. I am also a guy who is eagerly awaiting his Nebula to arrive.
I noticed on Reverb (can't post links, as I am noob) that someone actually has one in hand that was signed off on from the factory on 2/27/2020. So I am guessing that they are sending them out fairly quickly after they finish them. This has me excited. (He is asking $9,999 for it, which I don't think he will be able to get, though I am often wrong)
The post also has some really great shots of the paint job. It's really impressing me.
Good luck to anyone who is also waiting. May the wait be short.

I didn't realize authorized dealers could advertise above list price. I'd expect to pay a premium right now from anyone else except a PRS dealer. Oh well.

You can seen several dealers advertise Wood Library and Private Stock models way higher than MAP, they probably give you a 40% discount so you feel really good about it even though that still ends up being higher than MAP. I'm not too bothered by it, they have more expenses incurred (travel/time) for those runs, and are free to try maximizing profits if someone is willing to pay for it.

These are REALLY appealing to me visually, but it’s the guitar itself, Silver Sky is just areal,y beautiful guitar, no matter what color, BTW, Jake , I’m jealous of your factory tour!! C ya in the a.m.

Did anybody else see the SS Nebula that was on Reverb at $6000? It wasn't there long. Couldn't tell if it sold in less than an hour or got taken down.

These are REALLY appealing to me visually, but it’s the guitar itself, Silver Sky is just areal,y beautiful guitar, no matter what color, BTW, Jake , I’m jealous of your factory tour!! C ya in the a.m.

Yeah. I'll tell you about all that tomorrow.

You can seen several dealers advertise Wood Library and Private Stock models way higher than MAP, they probably give you a 40% discount so you feel really good about it even though that still ends up being higher than MAP. I'm not too bothered by it, they have more expenses incurred (travel/time) for those runs, and are free to try maximizing profits if someone is willing to pay for it.

The only difference this time as far as I can tell is the price is higher than the actual list price, not just MAP. Ultimately it doesn't matter because someone will pay the premium despite my misgivings about it.

Did anybody else see the SS Nebula that was on Reverb at $6000? It wasn't there long. Couldn't tell if it sold in less than an hour or got taken down.

Yeah. I saw it was sold. On Reverb you can search a term and then select "Sold Listings" and it shows you posts that have sold. It is currently the highest seller on there. The one that was listed for $10,000 is now down to $6,500. We shall see if that one sells.

What an interesting pricing.
I almost don't feel too angry at scalpers in this case.
Rather, I'm amazed anyone would pay anywhere close to that for a cool looking paint job that costs no more than $500 if done by a pro shop on the higher end of the price spectrum (I just asked last week).
If it's a color you want, I'd buy a used SS and have it stripped/repainted preferably with dings on the body so it's discounted even more ;-)

It’s the market. Who would have bet you’d see a Silver Sky sell for $6000, or people hoarding TP six months ago? Like Cat said... “oooh baby, baby, it’s a wild world...”

Back