Silver Sky Longer Tremolo Arm Replacement?(also sticky nitro neck fix)

Chase

Been loving my Silver Sky for the last 12 months I have had it but keep wishing the arm was a bit longer. Anyone know the measurements for the thread i should look for in a replacement or a specific brand to check out?

Also recently the back of my neck has been feeling quite sticky and tacky. I keep it very clean and super well cared for but think the Nitro my just be at that point in its life. I havent owned a Nitro Neck before so maybe someone could educate me on this? I want it to be a bit Slicker and not sure what to do.

Been loving my Silver Sky for the last 12 months I have had it but keep wishing the arm was a bit longer. Anyone know the measurements for the thread i should look for in a replacement or a specific brand to check out?

Also recently the back of my neck has been feeling quite sticky and tacky. I keep it very clean and super well cared for but think the Nitro my just be at that point in its life. I havent owned a Nitro Neck before so maybe someone could educate me on this? I want it to be a bit Slicker and not sure what to do.

It's the usual core trem bar, so no threads. Contact John Mann - he's the guy for PRS trem questions.

It's the usual core trem bar, so no threads. Contact John Mann - he's the guy for PRS trem questions.
not to be dense but would I look for his email on PRS's site or hunt him down here? new to the thread sry if this is a dumb question

Put a little baby powder on your left hand where it contacts the neck.
I havent had this experience with another guitar before even during 3 hour gigs and I dont sweat that much(again this is my first Nitro neck though). Is there something that can be safely done to my neck that wont damage it? I plan on having this guitar a long time so im okay with some small changes to the necks finish.

not to be dense but would I look for his email on PRS's site or hunt him down here? new to the thread sry if this is a dumb question
You can get in touch with him here.

https://www.johnmannsguitarvault.com/

I’d recommend a phone call vs. an email. He’s the guy that designed the original Trem, with Paul, back in the beginning.

As for the neck, I taped off the ends of my nitro necks and used some Scotch Brite on it. Slicks it right up. You can take it back to the original nitro feel buy polishing it.

Thanks so much for the tips and Johns site Bodia!! I assume you use the "very fine" grit or "Ultra" Fine?

Thanks so much for the tips and Johns site Bodia!! I assume you use the "very fine" grit or "Ultra" Fine?
Actually, just the same Scotch Brite pad you’d have on your kitchen sink. The first time, I used a really light touch, and only once up, and back, at a time. Kept that up until I got what I was looking for. Honestly, I was pretty nervous the first time. Now I’ve done it on three. Ironically, the sticky neck on my Silver Sky was the reason I sold it. I was to afraid to do this to it. Now that I’ve done a few others, I have another SS (maple board/Midnight Rose) on order!

I have a different take on sticky neck guitars.
Try making sure your hand is not dry ( like dry skin ) , a bit of lotion before playing has always helped set in new and or sticky necked guitars ( poly or nitro )
Then wipe the neck down with a micro fiber cloth after.

I use Meguiar’s cleaner/car wax in the burgundy bottle on my necks. Put a coat on the first day. Come back the next day with the second coat. I usually rewax a few times a year when I change strings depending on how the neck feels. Been doing it for 25 years.

Back