Silver Sky Gut shots

I'm one of those guys that gets a 2 or 3 piece pen and immediately takes it apart to see what's in there.:oops::rolleyes:

Dude, I’m the same way. BTW... I’ve soldered and unsoldered more pickup changes in my Santana. And added push pull tone. Sometimes I have to hold myself back from talking things apart.
:confused:o_O:rolleyes:

The nut slots are shallower on a strat cos it has a straight headstock. This SS isn’t straight doesn’t have an much of angle on the headstock. The angle is more severe on something like a McCarty, so there’s more nut there. My tech used to round the edges on the PRS nut, to make it smoother, neater. You gotta cut the slot in a line toward the tuner, so the slots will be deeper.

Very neat innards, I see no shielding in the cavity or the bottom-loaded pickguard, was that by design?

Originally yes.
Now I believe they shield the back of the pick guard.

My Nebula pickguard (and the Moto replacment I bought) came with silver-colored foil shielding under the knob/switch area. There's also copper tape strips running past the ends of the pickups and a cross-wise strip that connects those to the silver foil. The copper tape seems to be placed so that the surgical tubing that springs the pickups screws makes good contact with it, but I can't really figure out why that could be important...

Notwithstanding all of that, I don't notice that a 2020 SS is a noisy guitar at all.

I know its an old thread but it is interesting that they use normal unshielded wire, no shielded or push back cloth.

Back