Silver Sky Dispoointed

Lastly the tremolo w 4 springs is in my opinion too stiff. I had to remove one and reconfigure the springs to allow the trem to be used properly.

I was under the impression that the brand new Silver Sky models were blocked from the factory and that if you want to use the trem, you must remove the neck and install a shim under it.

I was under the impression that the brand new Silver Sky models were blocked from the factory and that if you want to use the trem, you must remove the neck and install a shim under it.

Not "blocked", but "decked", so bar moves down only, no up movement because the bridge is flush with the body. So you can still use the vibrato with the bridge decked, but one way only.

Actually it is not completely decked the front edge of the bridge still is off the body some and if you loosen the trem screws the bridge will float just a bit.
To get more trem action you have to Shim the neck and that said I like it even better with the Trem floating

whats your guys 3 trem spring setup look like? thats really the only thing holding me back right now from buying one is needing a three spring setup

Last edited:
Back