Kendall

I've read that the Silver Sky underwent a few changes after the first couple years of production, such as neck shape and pickup modifications. When did the changes take place? In 2020 or 2021? I'm looking at buying a 2020 midnight rose model, and I'm wondering which version it is. Thanks!

I've read that the Silver Sky underwent a few changes after the first couple years of production, such as neck shape and pickup modifications. When did the changes take place? In 2020 or 2021? I'm looking at buying a 2020 midnight rose model, and I'm wondering which version it is. Thanks!
They started in 2020 with the nitro finish. I am not sure about the 2020 Rosewood neck but the 2021 Rosewood neck has fuller shoulders. and the late 2020 to 2021 has the different out put pickups (lower).

I have a 2020 rosewood board and a 2021 maple board. The 2020 neck is glossy nitro and slick, the 2021 neck is satin nitro. I can’t say I ever noticed a different neck shape between them. The pickups sound the same to my ears, any difference in output could simply be pickup height. Even with CNC machined necks, hand sanding will slightly change size and feel for any manufacturer.

My point is either year should be so nearly identical that I doubt someone would prefer one over the other. Pick your color and preference for fret board wood and enjoy.

I have a 2020 rosewood board and a 2021 maple board. The 2020 neck is glossy nitro and slick, the 2021 neck is satin nitro. I can’t say I ever noticed a different neck shape between them. The pickups sound the same to my ears, any difference in output could simply be pickup height. Even with CNC machined necks, hand sanding will slightly change size and feel for any manufacturer.

My point is either year should be so nearly identical that I doubt someone would prefer one over the other. Pick your color and preference for fret board wood and enjoy.
Yep pretty much everything you said is on point.

The pickups change are from comments an owner had measuring the output with a multimeter and the neck comment is from the same owner with a glossy Moc Sand Rosewood vs satin Moc Sand Rosewood.

In the end I don't think it makes much difference. The SS plays like butter.

Back