Silver Sky Changes

Faded

Hello!
Without looking through all of the nearly 200 pages of the official Silver Sky thread could someone please note the changes on the Rosewood Silver Sky model from 2018 to present. Things like neck shape etc. and the year of the change. I know there are new colors released, but more so the spec changes.

I think it would be incredibly helpful to have these noted and listed in a more accessible place.

Thank you!

The neck shape has changed a bit. The finish has changed a bit. Some are saying the frets have recently changed and the pickups are a little different.

From what I understand, the changes are pretty subtle and it is probably worth taking each guitar as an individual instrument into consideration instead of trying to discern what happened to the intentions of the production line over the course of time. I have tried a few Silver Sky guitars in the stores and some of them seemed like amazing instruments that I really bonded with and others were just good guitars. I don’t know if the specs were the same or different. For all I know the barometric pressure was the influential factor.

Not very helpful, I know.

Probably biggest thing to know is the maple board models have a different neck cut. It has more noticable shoulders, more like an early '60s oval. Otherwise, mine are all the same. I won't believe rumors about fret size change, or someone was trying to say his pickups are lower output than others. Baloney.

On another forum someone who owns an older and a newer version says that the newer one has lower output pickups than the hotter older one. I haven’t seen anyone else on any forum confirming that. Does anyone here have any knowledge of a change in pickups?

BUNK. The pickup model number hasn't changed. So far in these SS threads, I have probably seen a dozen things said about changes to these guitars that are just total bunk. Part of this comes from the fact that a lot of those posting are clueless about the Strat model heritage this model draws many of its features from. The other part comes from players who have no experience with guitars made before late '80s, '90s and on, whatever. The responses I keep reading in these threads are laughable. Without reaching up to touch headstocks, blindfold the player, give him an assortment of early to mid-'60s Strats and a few SS, and players wouldn't be able to tell the difference -- talking sound and playing feel here.

Hello!
Without looking through all of the nearly 200 pages of the official Silver Sky thread could someone please note the changes on the Rosewood Silver Sky model from 2018 to present. Things like neck shape etc. and the year of the change. I know there are new colors released, but more so the spec changes.

I think it would be incredibly helpful to have these noted and listed in a more accessible place.

Thank you!

Nitro body finish in 2020.

Probably biggest thing to know is the maple board models have a different neck cut. It has more noticable shoulders, more like an early '60s oval. Otherwise, mine are all the same. I won't believe rumors about fret size change, or someone was trying to say his pickups are lower output than others. Baloney.

The frets are bigger on the 2021’s, there’s zero question about it. While they’re noticeable, they’re still very much vintage in size and don’t take away from the Silver Sky experience at all. Just a bit taller. After a load of hours logged on my 2019, it was clear the second I pulled my 2021 out of the case the first time.

The pickups - they sound different but one is maple, one is rosewood and they’re not set at the same height so I’m not touching that yet. I like that they sound marginally different and they both sound amazing so I’m leaving everything setup as it is on both.

Back