Silver Sky Bridge.

GuitarAddict

I was doing a string change and intonation check on my SS and noticed the bridge was screwed right down flush with the body same as my blocked trem on my strat. I looked up the setup specs on PRS website and noticed it states standard set up is with a 3mm gap at the front between body and bridge, flush at the rear.
The dealer I bought it from is one of the best I’ve bought from and they’ve obviously set it up this way and I’m perfectly happy with it like this as I never use the tremolo and would have bought the hard tail version if there was one available.
Any one have theirs set up as per factory specs?

I was doing a string change and intonation check on my SS and noticed the bridge was screwed right down flush with the body same as my blocked trem on my strat. I looked up the setup specs on PRS website and noticed it states standard set up is with a 3mm gap at the front between body and bridge, flush at the rear.
The dealer I bought it from is one of the best I’ve bought from and they’ve obviously set it up this way and I’m perfectly happy with it like this as I never use the tremolo and would have bought the hard tail version if there was one available.
Any one have theirs set up as per factory specs?
Bridge flush with the body is the standard setup for the Silver Sky. That's the way John Mayer wanted it.

PRS Silver Sky Tremolo
The Silver Sky model utilizes a slightly different approach to the bridge set up. Here is some insight regarding the Silver Sky bridge adjustments.

The back of the bridge should stay flush to the top of the guitar body, but the front edge of the bridge should kick up.

Measuring from the top of the guitar to the bottom of the front edge of the tremolo. Adjust the six fulcrum screws as necessary until the measurement is 4/32" all the way across.

Both of mine have a slight reverse angle as noted above (PRS spec). I suspect it needs to be that way for a smooth action/pivot, if the 6 screws were screwed down to the body I’d be concerned about the knife edge or stress on the screws themselves. If your trem arm never leaves the case it may not matter but if you use the trem PRS specs is likely the best route in my opinion.

Sorry, didn't notice where you said your SS is flush at the front and rear of the bridge. Mine is setup according to PRS specs.

Back