Silver Sky and Fiore

Markcarl

I know the Silver Sky is an SSS guitar and the Fiore is HSS. Other than that, I don’t know much about how similar / different they are. Does anyone own both or has anyone played both? If so, how did they compare? Did you prefer one over the other?

I played both, the SilSky was a little bit odd, due to the cheap (plastic) haptic feelings of several hardware parts likewise tuners, knobs, switch tip. The Fiore appeared more worthwhile in this comparison.
Regarding sound - in a SSS setup - SilSky is designed as a vintage sounding guitar with a destinct role model in mind. The Fiore is a studio and stage guitar, to offer a versatile instrument.
In SSS they sound relatively similar, the SilSky makes you to have the opinion to play a Strat made by a different manufactor.

Optically I would prefer the Fiore more, because of its translucent lacquer which shows off with the stain of the wood, the pickguardless top.
Personally I'm not going to purchase any of those, because I own two 513s, which soundwise offer all I need from SC to HB and in between. Optically I have no concerns, and the hardware is flawless, too.

I know the Silver Sky is an SSS guitar and the Fiore is HSS. Other than that, I don’t know much about how similar / different they are. Does anyone own both or has anyone played both? If so, how did they compare? Did you prefer one over the other?

At the end of the day - both guitars are great but preference is a personal thing and also will depend on what you want/need from your guitar. Therefore what I prefer is not really relevant as I am not purchasing or playing it - unless you are planning to Purchase it for me :p

If I was after a Classic Strat like guitar, after those great Strat tones without being too bright/ice-picky - then the Silver Sky would be my preference over the Fiore, but if I wanted a more versatile guitar to offer more than just your 'typical' Strat like tones, then the Fiore makes more sense. I do prefer the Fiore from an aesthetic perspective - but aesthetics would be secondary to my requirements.

I have both a Special and 509 - both 'HSH' guitars with individual Coil Splitting to offer HSS, SSH or SSS like layout so I haven't felt the need to add either to my collection personally. Neither really do the 'Strat' sound as well as the Silver Sky in my opinion, but good enough for anything I play. I am 'not' chasing a Specific tone - like a Vintage Strat Single Coil sound for example but will use what I have to play what I want with the range of Gear I own, 'My' Tone - not Jimi's, not Mayor's, not Lettieri's so I am happy to use my Special or 509 instead.

My suggestion is to try both and decide which will suit your Preferences the most, what you think will inspire you to pick it up and keep playing etc. Other than that, watch demo's and decide whether you want a Vintage Fender Strat alternative (Silver Sky) or Something a bit more versatile and perhaps cover more territory to play and create your music with. Its you that will be buying and playing the guitar so go for that one that you 'Prefer' first, then get the other one if/when you want/need it!

Back