"Silent Night", featuring my PRS Standard 22

Hope the elves get the laptop situation sorted for you.

Festive greeting my friend.
I hope so too! I haven't been using my tech for awhile, and when I fired it up to make a project, it updated and then was very sloooooow!

I tried looking for a new laptop. They're all expensive nowadays! I'll probably look for a second hand one on my humble teacher pay check.

I hope so too! I haven't been using my tech for awhile, and when I fired it up to make a project, it updated and then was very sloooooow!

I tried looking for a new laptop. They're all expensive nowadays! I'll probably look for a second hand one on my humble teacher pay check.

That sucks.

Hope you find a good solution.

Have you ever completely wiped the computer and installed operating system from scratch? It is not usually the hardware that slows down, but being bogged down from years of updates and software install/uninstalls. If it is a PC, I would be happy to give you some tips on the process if you need them, PM me if you want to give it a go. Also, if you do not already have a SSD hard drive in your laptop, that is the single best upgrade I have ever done with a computer in the 30 years I have been working with them. Not only will you have a faster drive but you will also have a more reliable drive with zero moving parts. And you can get an SSD for your laptop for under $100!!!!

~~~~BACK UP EVERY FILE YOU LIKE BEFORE DOING ANY OF THIS~~~~

Have you ever completely wiped the computer and installed operating system from scratch? It is not usually the hardware that slows down, but being bogged down from years of updates and software install/uninstalls. If it is a PC, I would be happy to give you some tips on the process if you need them, PM me if you want to give it a go. Also, if you do not already have a SSD hard drive in your laptop, that is the single best upgrade I have ever done with a computer in the 30 years I have been working with them. Not only will you have a faster drive but you will also have a more reliable drive with zero moving parts. And you can get an SSD for your laptop for under $100!!!!

~~~~BACK UP EVERY FILE YOU LIKE BEFORE DOING ANY OF THIS~~~~
Oh, man! I knew I should've asked here first! But, thanks!

My son gave me the laptop he used in college. It's a Thinkpad T450 with a newer gen i5 (still old). It only had a 250GB SSD and Windows + DAW, EZ Drummer and other essentials, already occupied 3/4 of its capacity. Since it has an M.2 slot, I ordered a 500GB SSD for it where I will be reinstalling the DAW and everything I use for recording. Since the laptop is older technology, I could get it's dock for cheap making it easy to take off the laptop from my studio (it's just in a closet) and bring it with me if needed.

I hope it's a good decision.

Oh, man! I knew I should've asked here first! But, thanks!

My son gave me the laptop he used in college. It's a Thinkpad T450 with a newer gen i5 (still old). It only had a 250GB SSD and Windows + DAW, EZ Drummer and other essentials, already occupied 3/4 of its capacity. Since it has an M.2 slot, I ordered a 500GB SSD for it where I will be reinstalling the DAW and everything I use for recording. Since the laptop is older technology, I could get it's dock for cheap making it easy to take off the laptop from my studio (it's just in a closet) and bring it with me if needed.

I hope it's a good decision.
Sounds like you got it figured out OK! The M.2 drives are the bomb!! My main box went south beginning of Dec, and I am still trying to recover from it. I built that box in 2015 and initially thought it was a power supply problem. Got a new one, did not fix the problem. Looking like the motherboard best I can tell, so figuring out what I can get away with in new build! Grrrrrrrr! These little boxes are a blessing and a curse!!! You should still wipe the old box after you back everything up and do a fresh install IMO, always good to have a backup!

Sounds like you got it figured out OK! The M.2 drives are the bomb!! My main box went south beginning of Dec, and I am still trying to recover from it. I built that box in 2015 and initially thought it was a power supply problem. Got a new one, did not fix the problem. Looking like the motherboard best I can tell, so figuring out what I can get away with in new build! Grrrrrrrr! These little boxes are a blessing and a curse!!! You should still wipe the old box after you back everything up and do a fresh install IMO, always good to have a backup!
Thanks for the advice. I will do that.

Back