Signed or Not Signed?

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Zombie Zero, DFZ
How do you prefer your signature guitars (Grissom, Ori, Santana, etc)...

Signed by it's namesake or not?

FOR: I had a DGT that was signed on the back of the headstock by David. I liked that a lot.

AGAINST: I have seen other cool guitars signed on the top of the body and the 1st thing that came to mind was "I wonder how easily that will come off?"

Last edited:
Back of the headstock works for me, although it's a "Luthier Sig" rather than "Artist Sig" guitar........and Howie's not TedMc......

P4170331.jpg

Last edited:
I'm all for back of the headstock signatures. I actually had my SCT signed twice, once on the back of the headstock and again on the control cavity cover. I ended up removing the cover and putting on a clean one to preserve the signature. I really don't get the whole signing the body thing and wouldn't want it done to any guitar I ever owned. As for the signature model thing I'm a weird bird. I wouldn't own a signature guitar to begin with outside of the Tremonti (my exact idea of what a singlecut style guitar should be) and a Santana (out of pure respect for the man) but if I ever bought these guitars I'd definitely go for a headstock signature.

Let's put it this way....If Carlos offered to sign the front top of any of my Santana models....who am I to turn him down???

Don't want mine signed, thanks!

With that said, I do have several control cover plates signed by PRSH, but that's a little different then signing the actual guitar...

The front of my headstock is signed by Paul (instead of the inlay signature). I think it's cool to have that. I don't want them to sign the front of the actual guitar when the flame or quilt or goldtop looks so sweet already. I think a signature is a nice keepsake and reminder of a meeting though. control plate, headstock, certificate- it's all good! I'd love to tell DG and PRSh in person how much I dig the guitars, and sure, I'll have em sign the back of the headstock.

Two things come to mind:

When I met Eric Johnson to have him sign my EJ Strat (now gone, unfortunately), he looked at me for a second, and I said "on the back of the headstock", and he went "alright, that's good!"

Adrian Smith, in the Iron Maiden Flight 666 documentary signs the front of a kid's guitar, looks at the camera, and says "well, ruined another nice guitar!" lol.

Last edited:
Headstock is cool...never never never on the front or back of the body...I bought a Larrivee off a guy who had it signed my Tommy Emmanuel. I paid him less than he wanted for it because it had been "defaced" and then as soon as I got it home, I took the sig off. Now if it had been on the headstock, I would have kept it....

Hans - and here it is - a gig this past Saturday at Winslow's in Kansas City. The DGT gets played regularly - it's breaking in nicely; no longer minty! David's sig on the the back of the headstock gives a little extra mojo when played!

248088_3782390091388_707111120_n.jpg

411367_10150615147454216_1728201485_o.jpg

With tone and oneness, Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Back of the headstock, Grissom and PRS. I'd do it again with my other DGTs in a heartbeat:

53A5AF9D-orig.jpg

Back