shred like hell

Discussion in 'Studio & Stage' started by ieso, Mar 24, 2018.

1. ieso

ieso New Member

Howdy my fellow PRSers

I never got into the neo-classical shred thing per se (Shawn Lane, Vernon Reid, and Danny Gatton are more my speed, pun intended) but the hybrid right hand technique I've been using for over 30 years is a little different and one of the byproducts is pretty much effortless ripping around on the fretboard like a chimp on meth.

Last year I put together a little pdf booklet on my hybrid style of shred for a few friends who hang out with me on my old message board and a few good folks hanging out at the book of faces. That got some good responses so I was encouraged to spruce it up a little bit and I just came up with the '2nd Edition' -- all free of course, for anybody who wants it.

Here's a link to further info and how to download it: http://gtroblq.blogspot.com/2017/07/the ... speed.html

Again, it's all free and I already know how musically absurd it is to play like this but it is more or less baked into my right hand technique so, as they say, if it's your thing you might as well go ahead and do it.

Axe and you shall receive

IE

2. gush

gush New Member

Cool stuff!

ieso likes this.
  3. ieso

ieso New Member

Thanks, gush, much appreciated.

4. dcm_guitar

dcm_guitar New Member

Just joined the Facebook group. Would definitely be interested in seeing the approach. Effortless movement across the fretboard like a chimp on meth has actually been one of my long-term goals.

ieso likes this.
  5. dcm_guitar

dcm_guitar New Member

I'm on the facebook group. Where do I go to download the booklet?

6. ieso

ieso New Member

thanks for joining. it's the post pinned at the very top in the discussions area