2015 McCarty

And this beasty
50461659782_db0e8d233b_o.jpg

SE Santana / Custom 22 hybrid
Ebony Buttoned Gotoh Tuners
Dragon II pickups
Brass hybrid bridge
5 way rotary switch

I'm a big fan of CE's. I'd like to have a CU24 one day, but quite frankly, the CE's have done so well for me (especially at their lower price point) that I never felt a pressing need.

1 - 1990 CE3 Vintage Cherry, all-alder body, WT, HFS/VB. An all-around great guitar, tone is well-balanced and full, not quite as bright as the alder/maple combo.
2 - 1992 CE24 Vintage Sunburst, alder/maple body, WT, HFS/VB. My favorite so far, shimmering high-end, lightest weight. Will become my main live axe if gigs ever start.
3 - 1995 CE24 Classic Red, Mahogany/Maple body, WT, HFS/VB. Not crazy about the color, but my second-favorite sounding PRS. Not quite as bright as it's alder/maple brother.
4 - 1997 CU22 Purple, Stoptail, WT, Dragon 1 pickups. Not my main choice but I got a deal on it due to cosmetic damage. Darker, tremendous sustain, reminds me of a Les Paul.

77bbac_13cb0248c1ab4ae4b9d9727394885a41~mv2.jpg
Between your forum name and your guitar choices, I think we could become friends. If not, at least put me in your will for one of those beauties!

2008 Korina McCarty with PTC installed 5708s (original unengraved covers). This guitar like my other 2 PRS has stainless frets (Jescar 57110) and a bone nut. A Mann 2300 adjustable bridge and Schroeder locking bridge studs were added recently. I have always liked the tone of this one even with it’s original McCarty pickups. 7 pounds even.

Picture019-1.jpg

2008 Korina McCarty with PTC installed 5708s (original unengraved covers). This guitar like my other 2 PRS has stainless frets (Jescar 57110) and a bone nut. A Mann 2300 adjustable bridge and Schroeder locking bridge studs were added recently. I have always liked the tone of this one even with it’s original McCarty pickups. 7 pounds even.

Picture019-1.jpg
I have one of these too and can attest to how alive and resonant they are!

It's a Bluesmaster 50. Defeat switch? Not that I know of. It has a footswitch...

On the HRM amps there's an option to add a "defeat switch" that deactivates the second EQ stack essentially making it a regular overdrive special.

I was just curious to see if you had it and how well it actually worked.

On the HRM amps there's an option to add a "defeat switch" that deactivates the second EQ stack essentially making it a regular overdrive special.

I was just curious to see if you had it and how well it actually worked.
Ah yes. Back 15 years ago when I built this thing I was all over the forums and stuff about this, and would have known exactly what you meant. It's similar to what you describe, but not quite. This one does a "turn off the front panel tone stack" thing when you engage the boost switch, so when you switch to the drive channel, you can also hit the boost switch to bypass the front panel tone settings, or not, depending on what you want. The way I have my tone knobs usually there's not much difference if I do or don't, I tweaked the inside controls to be fairly similar to my preferred outside tone settings.

Anyway, it's a gorgeous sounding amp, and I'm missing it currently - I'm (hopefully temporarily) living in an apartment, and it's in a storage unit currently, although I might have to rectify that.

Ah yes. Back 15 years ago when I built this thing I was all over the forums and stuff about this, and would have known exactly what you meant. It's similar to what you describe, but not quite. This one does a "turn off the front panel tone stack" thing when you engage the boost switch, so when you switch to the drive channel, you can also hit the boost switch to bypass the front panel tone settings, or not, depending on what you want. The way I have my tone knobs usually there's not much difference if I do or don't, I tweaked the inside controls to be fairly similar to my preferred outside tone settings.

Anyway, it's a gorgeous sounding amp, and I'm missing it currently - I'm (hopefully temporarily) living in an apartment, and it's in a storage unit currently, although I might have to rectify that.

I have the 20watt one and it has the preamp boost the same as yours. I'm also in an apartment and am really limited even with the little one. And I have the FX loop buffer too which drops the volume but not enough at times.

Further to my original post (if we're letting other brands play) I have to post these beauties.

BC Rich NJ Classic Eagle Piezo
50461621127_72a19518bf_o.jpg

Epiphone Les Paul Special - This thing is freakin awesome. Only thing I needed to do was lower the action and de-gloss it with a scotchbrite pad.
50950081411_a6fd08a38f_o.jpg

Gretsch G2420T-P90 (Eddy Cochran Tribute)
50461614432_28aeb59cb5_o.jpg

Gretsch G5420T (Duane Eddy Tribute)
50461612107_0d67a930d8_o.jpg

Back