Show Your Tone Monsters

You know, I don’t do this often, but I feel bad for you. I’m going to offer to come over, play it for you and let you know how it feels, let you hear how it sounds, and maybe break it in a little for you. I just feel like it’s the right thing to do.

Every one who knows my wife knows she married WAY below her grade. And, she’s an angel in every way except.....

....dammit she can’t play guitar when I need her most!!!

Last edited:
Every one who knows my wife knows she married WAY below her grade. And, she’s an angel in every way except.....

....dammit she can’t play guitar when I need her most!!!

Yes, same here. I did try to get my wife to "model" my guitars for some "70's Guitar Player ad" style pics. She wouldn't go for that either. And she actually asked me... "who plays a guitar in a bikini?" and... "why would you want me to lick your guitar?" (Remember those ads?)

I told her it had lemon flavored polish on it... best I could come up with, on the spot like that.

Yes, same here. I did try to get my wife to "model" my guitars for some "70's Guitar Player ad" style pics. She wouldn't go for that either. And she actually asked me... "who plays a guitar in a bikini?" and... "why would you want me to lick your guitar?" (Remember those ads?)

I told her it had lemon flavored polish on it... best I could come up with, on the spot like that.
It's the thought that counts...

I'm a big fan of CE's. I'd like to have a CU24 one day, but quite frankly, the CE's have done so well for me (especially at their lower price point) that I never felt a pressing need.

1 - 1990 CE3 Vintage Cherry, all-alder body, WT, HFS/VB. An all-around great guitar, tone is well-balanced and full, not quite as bright as the alder/maple combo.
2 - 1992 CE24 Vintage Sunburst, alder/maple body, WT, HFS/VB. My favorite so far, shimmering high-end, lightest weight. Will become my main live axe if gigs ever start.
3 - 1995 CE24 Classic Red, Mahogany/Maple body, WT, HFS/VB. Not crazy about the color, but my second-favorite sounding PRS. Not quite as bright as it's alder/maple brother.
4 - 1997 CU22 Purple, Stoptail, WT, Dragon 1 pickups. Not my main choice but I got a deal on it due to cosmetic damage. Darker, tremendous sustain, reminds me of a Les Paul.

77bbac_13cb0248c1ab4ae4b9d9727394885a41~mv2.jpg

"You mean you haven't heard of guitar licks?" is probably a much safer answer than "You might as well lick something".

"You mean you haven't heard of guitar licks?" is probably a much safer answer than "You might as well lick something".

At least she didn’t refuse to lick it because it smelled like fish.

I'm a big fan of CE's. I'd like to have a CU24 one day, but quite frankly, the CE's have done so well for me (especially at their lower price point) that I never felt a pressing need.

1 - 1990 CE3 Vintage Cherry, all-alder body, WT, HFS/VB. An all-around great guitar, tone is well-balanced and full, not quite as bright as the alder/maple combo.
2 - 1992 CE24 Vintage Sunburst, alder/maple body, WT, HFS/VB. My favorite so far, shimmering high-end, lightest weight. Will become my main live axe if gigs ever start.
3 - 1995 CE24 Classic Red, Mahogany/Maple body, WT, HFS/VB. Not crazy about the color, but my second-favorite sounding PRS. Not quite as bright as it's alder/maple brother.
4 - 1997 CU22 Purple, Stoptail, WT, Dragon 1 pickups. Not my main choice but I got a deal on it due to cosmetic damage. Darker, tremendous sustain, reminds me of a Les Paul.

What a sight!
Those CE24’s are fantastic.

Nice collection! I’ve always been intrigued by trem vs stoptail differences in tone. I listen and listen, and have concluded that the trems sound more springy :D..

Last edited:

Ehhh... I’d take a (old) CE over a Custom 24 everyday of the week.

Mmmm, that is all!:D

RED. Like, totally awesome man!

Back