Show Your Tone Monsters

Tonart

Tone of the Art......or is that backwards?
Let’s have a look at the Kings of Tone in your stables! Who knows, we might spot a trend.....like neck wood?

Figured tops are not the main course here, but as everybody knows set meal desserts are always welcome. :D

Last edited:
I’ll start off with this cherished 57/08 Limited McCarty with a Peruvian mahogany neck. Sounds totally different from any PRS guitar I know, and in a good way! Resonates like it’s radioactive. Stands toe to toe with private stock guitars and custom shop Les Pauls.

It’s the wood I tell ya...
xNmU5PQ.jpg

Although I’ve been living the Hollowbody life since the pandemic started (and digging it!), my most steady gigging guitars for the last decade have been 513s. Both of my current ones are ‘07 Brazilian Rosewood necked beauties. There is no music I play the can’t be done well on these beasts.
s2kvapQ.jpg

lJSMCw9.jpg

Although I’ve been living the Hollowbody life since the pandemic started (and digging it!), my most steady gigging guitars for the last decade have been 513s. Both of my current ones are ‘07 Brazilian Rosewood necked beauties. There is no music I play the can’t be done well on these beasts.
s2kvapQ.jpg

lJSMCw9.jpg
Braz necks with singlecoils. Must sound special!

First favorite was my Cu22, then the DGT edged it out, but this one has really impressed me the most of all.

50794628223_fa76492172_c.jpg"
I am forced to admit after my first 594 which was a doublecut mind you, that there is indeed a magic about 2 piece bridges, that scale length, that thick neck, or whatever else they put into the 594 recipe. That “fat” tone suddenly comes about!

Last edited:
Back