Show your SE!

401419_422872164426865_286539044_n.jpg

Very cool top on that one! Nice for an SE.

Hi,does Schaller M6 Mini Locking Tuners fit with this guitar? Im thinkin changing my SE Bernie Marsden tuners with Schaller M6 Mini Locking Tuners. Thanks!

Nice guitar!

They will fit but you would have to drill new holes for the mounting screws. The Bernie has vintage style tuners with a screw hole directly above and below each tuner. The post holes may have to be slightly enlarged as well.

If you're concerned about tuning stability the stock tuners are more than adequate. The nut will cause more tuning issues than the tuners ever will. I'd replace the nut with a Graph Tech Tusq before any other mods.
Locking tuners are nice for string changing but don't hold tune any better than standard tuners. You can, however, have less wraps on the posts of locking tuners and that does help tuning stability a bit.

Hi,does Schaller M6 Mini Locking Tuners fit with this guitar? Im thinkin changing my SE Bernie Marsden tuners with Schaller M6 Mini Locking Tuners. Thanks!

Nice guitar!

Cheers bud!

I'd have to agree with _pete_ in that the tuners are perfectly good. I swapped out the nut for a Graphtech Tusq one almost immediately and that helped with some issues I was having. With a well cut nut and properly installed and stretched in strings the tuning holds very well. I will uprade the tuners one day but only when the current ones give me problems.

So I can just get the tusq nut and keep the factory tuners on there? I was gonna replace both, but won't if I don't need to.

I'll second the tuners being good, I swapped out for locking tuners on an older SE and it didn't make much difference until the nut was corrected. Took the locking tuners off later on down the road to use on a different guitar and the stock ones work fine!

So I can just get the tusq nut and keep the factory tuners on there? I was gonna replace both, but won't if I don't need to.

Once the nut gets swapped, your tuning issues usually are fixed. The stock tuners are fine. I choose to get locking tuners on my SE's for what I perceive to be better tuning stability and because they are easy to string...(I'm quite lazy).

That is the same reason I have lockers.
I screwed up to many strings when I was young by breaking the wound core.
Impossible to do with my locking ones.
I am looking into the Tusq nut for the Tremonti though.

I never thought I would buy a guitar from pawn shop but...

I went in with a buddy and walked out with this for only $220!!

ab07d655d3ef197363fe0d7c6018c574.jpg

Thanks Andy! Any idea where I can get specs for this? I only know its a 09 Custom 24. I have a Epiphone Prophecy Les Paul And thinking about putting the EMG setup in this.

What specs are you looking for? I think the pickups are the SE HFS/VB set, I measured the resistance on my SECU 24 and they're very close to the USA HFS/VB set, so quite hot. If you want a lot of output these are good ones, so maybe give them a shot before you switch to the EMG's... of course it's all up to you, if you know you want the EMG's go ahead and do it. As for the rest of it - mahogany body, maple cap and veneer, maple 3 piece neck, 25" scale, rosewood board.

Yeah I'm probably gonna stick with these pickups. After playing around with it tonight I'm really liking them.

I could always sell the Epi to get another SE!

Thanks for the info on the guitar. I'm guessing its a wide thin neck?

Yep! Wide thin.

There are lots of good ones in the SE line, especially the newer models, so it's not a bad time to look!

Hey guys,

This is the first Santana SE I owned back in 2005 or there abouts. I sold it and regretted it ever since!
thirdeyepromo.jpg

This is my current workhose, a 25th Anniversary Custom 24 Se. I love this guitar so much! A friend took the picture for her college photography course which is why it's all edited and stuff, but it's a lovely picture! (aside from the fingerprints! haha)
ContrastingFlat.jpg

Cant wait till I get my SE Custom 24-7 in Ferbruary!!

Back