Show your SE!

Some better pics of mine:

27550132821_7470667ef7_c.jpg

27589577926_c2e5637be0_h.jpg

27013119114_641902d607_c.jpg

I've always wanted one of these with the trem.

My two.

Red Soapbar Singlecut 2006, quite modded with an SD Hot 90 in the bridge and a Wilkinson P90 in the neck slot. Swapped around controls, bone nut, old vintage Grover Tuners. Love this guitar, though it has had a tough life

Again another guitar that has been around the block, 2004 Tremonti. More stock though, new bone nut, original pickups with added nickel covers, switch surround, witch hat control knobs

They join my other singlecuts

I love my two SEs and gig/rehearse with them regularly

This one is awaiting some mod action (surprise surprise, right? :p):

PRS_SE_277_zpsi797u563.jpg

Planned mods include Hipshot Grip Lock open-back locking tuners and a set of Thorn GT90's I had sitting around in my parts box! :D Bought it a while back for some of the lower-tuned baritone stuff I dig like the more recent Breaking Benjamin tunes. :cool: The GT90's do surprisingly well with high gain stuff so I'm looking forward to finishing this one up.

How about wooden pickup rings? I think you`ll love the way they affect the sound.

Probably yeah... but then there's maple, rosewood, bubinga, ebony, etc to choose from :D and those are pretty hefty priced for what they are. At least I haven't found any under 60eur shipped to Finland.

I think I'll stick with black or creme unless I find those wooden rings decently priced.

Probably yeah... but then there's maple, rosewood, bubinga, ebony, etc to choose from :D and those are pretty hefty priced for what they are. At least I haven't found any under 60eur shipped to Finland.

I think I'll stick with black or creme unless I find those wooden rings decently priced.

You could always carve your own ... o_O

You could always carve your own ... o_O

Thought of that as well. Will look in to it... :) I'd rather put the money into locking tuners (which ain't a necessity either) than wooden pickups but that's just my opinion. They look very good though I can agree on that.

Check Phil Henderson- pjhender on eBay. He made a set for his PRS, and then started on eBay. Black guitar, ebony rings.

SE Custom 24 Special Ed. with the creme binding. Took a while before one came in the store with the top and color I was after. It plays great and I am very impressed so far. May change out the pickups some day but I don't really have trouble with the ones that are in it. Running it through a 1985/86 Mark III Boogie and Mesa 2X12 Cab.

prs1.JPG

Here is a very bad pic of my 2 Prs se guitars..

My first was the Se standard Santana traded an few beer tokens swapped for..
Had a problem when one of the trem screws snapped off at knife edge after 2 weeks an before having a setup ..
Was replaced under warranty an then set up by my bro who had offered after picking her up for me from guitar guitar in Newcastle..

Only the knobs an toggle switch have been changed an trem has 4 springs installed...
Has a great tone an stays in tune great now as long as the strings are stretched in properly.

Next pic is of my Santana's new friend as of Monday 27th of June...
A custom 22 with moon inlays and a hardtail.. All stock an very nice guitar but needs a clean an setup.. I will get better pics an review soon..
Gasman72 ( Steve)

Last edited:

Hi folks, here is a few pics of my SE custom 22 after a setup an clean..
The only mod was the locking tail piece studs which have improved the tone an sustain ..

I'm off work for 2 days an have the chance to get the pickup heights dailed in an try it through my 2 amps.. 1 on left is a fire fly kit amp.. The one on right is my Vox lil night train .. Ohhh decisions decisions lol

Thanks for looking an have a great day folks..

Hello people !

Finally I was able to complete the upgrades then, follow an image (Bad ...) The photo is a cell phone, then I'll take pictures with a decent camera and put it here.

The guitars are respectively:

Tremonti SE with Bare Knuckles Cold Sweat (Calibrated Set), CTS potentiometers, toggle and jack Switchcraft

Mike Mushock with Bare Knuckles Juggernaut (Calibrated Set), CTS potentiometers, toggle and jack Switchcraft

duas_prs_zpsjxtkqheu.jpeg
duas_prs_zpsjxtkqheu.jpeg

Last edited:
Back